Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating and publishing sub-domains

Hello Everyone,

I have tried making a sub domain for my website (ceiling-fan.directelectricco.com) I have created the sub domain in cpanel, I am now trying to publish to my subdomain page, when I do this, I am punching in my normal login info and at the end im trying to publish to public_html/ceiling-fan/ and i am getting an error saying Can't cahnge directory to public_html/ceiling-fan/: no such file or directory. This is making me very frustrated as I have followed the tutorials exactly and I have stopped at this. Can someone please fill me in on what im missing, I am assuming there is one simple step that was overlooked or something. Thanks for your help, i am heavily anxious to get this going and tested for future sub domains

Thank you

Re: Creating and publishing sub-domains

Originally posted by jlarge143 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have tried making a sub domain for my website (ceiling-fan.directelectricco.com) I have created the sub domain in cpanel, I am now trying to publish to my subdomain page, when I do this, I am punching in my normal login info and at the end im trying to publish to public_html/ceiling-fan/ and i am getting an error saying Can't cahnge directory to public_html/ceiling-fan/: no such file or directory. This is making me very frustrated as I have followed the tutorials exactly and I have stopped at this. Can someone please fill me in on what im missing, I am assuming there is one simple step that was overlooked or something. Thanks for your help, i am heavily anxious to get this going and tested for future sub domains

Thank you
    Do I need to create a page and publish to directelectricco.com/ceiling-fan 1st in order for the sub domain to work?

Comment

Re: Creating and publishing sub-domains

If you properly created a Sub-Domain (a Sub-Domain is not the same thing as an Add-On Domain, and is very different in every way) in cPanel, and wish to PUBLISH properly, your entry in the PUBLISH Dialog should look like this: public_html/primarydomain.com/subdomain/ ......(and as normal, you do not enter a page name - simply publish each page to the proper directory as entered)

You can always review a post made earlier that spells things out simply ... REFERENCED POST

Also, every Primary Domain, Add-On Domain, Sub-Domain, and even Sub-Directory behaves in the same manner (they all exisit as traditionally structured "websites") and therefore they must all have an "index" page to establish the heirarchy of pages and ordered structure within the directory itself, so it is best to create a simple index page nonetheless, even if you do not plan on physically linking the pages together normally.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X