This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie start and stop buttons etc

I can put a movie on my page but it starts automatically. I want it to start by clicking a play button when I'm ready. Is this possible?
    Mark

Re: Movie start and stop buttons etc

"Un-Select" in PAGE PROPERTIES > MISC where you have entered the file to auto-start upon the page (delete the file from the field completely), and instead use the Command from the Toolbar INSERT > ADVANCED > WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER which when present on your BlueVoda page, you will double-click to reveal where to enter the link to the file which you have uploaded directly to the server via the Control Panel's FILE MANAGER > UPLOAD tool.

This will allow you to move the "Player Controls" about on your page to suit your layout requirements, and allows Visitors to manually start the file playing as well as give them the option to adjust the audio Volume, Pause, etc.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili.
      I didn't use the Insert / Page Properties / Misc to insert the WMP player onto the page. I simply added it from the tool bar at the side. When I go to Insert / Page Properties / Misc all I see is a Do Not Redirect highlighted in blue on the drop down menu and nothing highlighted in the URL field (perhaps not surprisingly). I've now deleted the original WMF movie I introduced from the side tool bar and gone to the Insert / Advanced / WMF , but this seems to show exactly the same options as the one on the side Tool Bar.

Does this only work once I've uploaded the WMF video to the server? Is it not possible to see the Player Controls on the page before you up-load the file? I know I'm doing something wrong here!

Comment

You skipped the part where you need to delete it from "auto-play" on the page itself ... and the only way you could have done that without a Player on the page is via Page Properties.

Re-read my post, and pretty much 'start from scratch' in the order I suggested .... THEN tell us how things turn out.

The Player does indeed function in Preview, if it is properly configured without a conflict with the page itself .....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

OK Vasili. I get it now, thanks.
          Is there a way to change the appearance of the WMP transport controls? At the moment it's a very clunky silvery metallic chunk hanging under the movie window. Is this something I have to live with?

I suppose I would prefer to use a flash player. I do have the film as a .swf file with transport controls etc, but I think I might be getting into deep HTML or java code do do way beyond my pay grade!

Comment

Working...
          X