This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 error

Please help I have gotten my home page up and am trying to publish my others www.phillipsteinmetz.com I am specifically trying to publish the festival page but it says it was successfully published but when I am on my site and click the festival link it gives me a 404 error.

Re: 404 error

You have to be sure the link is EXACTLY right. You actually have two problems:

1. You published the page as Festival; republish the page lowercase and delete the uppercase version from the server.

2. You published the link as www.phillipsteinmetz.com/festival; it needs to have the .html extension added: www.phillipsteinmetz.com/festival.html. This link will work when you fix #1 above.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Probably a studpid question but what do you mean by removing the uppercase version from the server? I tried renaming it and everything but still get the same error message?
      thanks for your help

Comment

You have been correctly advised to:

1. Be sure to change your Navgation, your link to match the "new" re-named page's lower-case letter only page name being careful to also add the ".html" extension as required so your hyperlink looks like this > www.phillipsteinmetz.com/festival.html

2. On your actual web page, you can correct things visually by changing your Menu back to "Blue Creek Banjo Camp ..Festival" instead of using "Blue Creek Banjo Camp ..festival" as the Text formatting in your Menu has nothing to do with navigation, only the hyperlink attached to it as explained above: you can have Text hyperlinked any way you want, but for the links to work, they must be created properly (to the proper page names, and with the proper page extension: ".html", ".php", etc.).

3. Using BlueFTP, remove from the server the previously published page that was named using the capital letter to remove potential page conflicts: remove www.phillipsteinmetz.com/Festival

TUTORIAL: How To Use BlueFTP

TUTORIAL: How To Name Your BlueVoda Pages

TUTORIAL: How To Link Your BlueVoda Pages
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X