This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking and publishing new pages

I created a new page and added a fixed navagation button, went to properties and typed in the url with the .html. (www.pupplove.net/reviews.html). I added it to each page of the web site and saved each page using saved as. I watch three tutorials about hyperlinking. Finally I published each page, then I went back to verify links and all of them verified except the new page which said "URL not found". It has been several years since I created my website. I posted this under "I have an issue" but I do not know how to follow the thread for an answer; the last time I asked a question I was sent a link to my msn email for the answer, not this time.

Cyndy DeVore
    pupplove@msn.com

Re: Linking and publishing new pages

Is this the page? http://www.pupplove.net/Reviews.html

http://www.pupplove.net/Reviews.html

Notice the capital R

You should know what to do now...lol
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I checked all my buttons on every page and they are small "r" just typed it wrong in my thread.

Cyndy DeVore
      pupplove@msn.com

Comment

No, it's not the link with the problem, it's the page with the problem. You published it as DarrenC said. Republish the page with a small r, then be sure to delete the other version off your server via FTP Manager under Tools.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thank you both so much, I did not understand the first reply.

Comment

I changed it to a small "r" saved it as reviews.bvp, then published; it said it was successful. I went to my web site and tried to go to Reviews and got a HTTP 404 not found.

When I do "save as" all of the pages show blue except this one which shows black.

Then I watched the tutorials again. I am still lost. I printed out the page that says "you want to link two pages...follow the below instructions to the letter" I do not know how do this. The hyperlink button never became available for me to press.

I do not know how I EVER got the web site up at all, I am so frustrated again because I do not understand.

Cyndy DeVore
            pupplove@msn.com

Comment

It all works fine for me! I guess you figured it out. I do not kno what you mean by the blue and black comment.
              CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
              CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
              CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

You're right, it works for me too now. Thank you.

Cyndy DeVore

Comment

Working...
                X