No announcement yet.

Is publishing password same as Cpanel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is publishing password same as Cpanel?

Hi,

When I switched for Roboform to LastPass something went haywire and I can't find my password for publishing updates. Luckily I had not made any changes on an other computer and I CAN publish but I can't see the password for asterisks.

I did try to use the same password as the login to the Cpanel (login to Cpanel works, no problem) but a copy and paste of that same p/w doesn't work for publishing.

Any way where I can find the 'publishing password' in a file/folder on the Cpanel?
    Norbert

N. Majerus
    Specialties Distributors Inc.
    Barbados, W.I.

http://specialties-distributors.com

Re: Is publishing password same as Cpanel?

Publishing & CPanel use the same password.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Re: Is publishing password same as Cpanel?

You can't find it but you can change it in CPanel and then use the new one.

If you had ever added the same details in BlueFTP you can connect to your site, and then resize the bottom right window (the one that displays the log). There you can see the password used unencrypted.

The correct IP address to use is 74.209.214.5
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X