Email Spam From Own Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Spam From Own Address

Hi. As per title, I've been receiving a small amount of gobbledegook emails that are being sent from my own email address to the same address. Is there a way to combat this unwarranted spam.

Many thanks in advance.
    www.clearpro.co.uk

Re: Email Spam From Own Address

Originally posted by valleyboy View Post
    Hi. As per title, I've been receiving a small amount of gobbledegook emails that are being sent from my own email address to the same address. Is there a way to combat this unwarranted spam.

Many thanks in advance.
    A properly installed CAPTCHA tool will help prevent automated spam entries, but it will not block individual submissions entirely, only thwart them.

After some time, such effort to create individual submissions with a CAPTCHA tool installed will become worthless to those persons, as it does them no real good other than to serve as an annoyance to the site owner.

Install the CAPTCHA, making sure it is within your FORM boundary/margin and that it preceeds the SUBMIT button on your FORM.
    Re-designing your Form (using the "From Scratch" method) might be best overall to effect a proper layout including CAPTCHA.
    Creating an eMail Form from Scratch
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Email Spam From Own Address

Are the mails from the form ? or are they simple emails sent from your own address ?

If this last one is the case, there is little you can do other than setting your own email address as blocked in your email client!
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X