X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to republish a reset account?

Hi,

my site was hacked by email spammers, so I had to have a complete account delete & account reset. I had several websites as addon domains. The account has now been reset & according to support there is a complete backup that has all my databases inside within the root directory of the account.

What do I do now? Are these databases just the wordpress blogs I had on my sites? Do I need to manually set up all the addon domains again & republish each page 1 by 1, or will these databases have all my sites there?

I'm waiting to hear back from support, but any help from you guys on the forum in the meantime would be greatly appreciated. Obviously I want to get me sites up and running again as quickly as possible.

Thanks

Re: How to republish a reset account?

Yep, you have it correct. On a reset, you have a blank slate to work on, I do hope you saved all those pages, images and everything else.
    Dave Van De Cappelle
    www.aSimpleLife.ca
    www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

So what is in the databases?

Comment

the data from all your wp installation, posts,pages, etc...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That's great - thanks for your answer. So is it ok to go ahead & republish my sites & then add the wordpress stuff later? I'm just worried that I will do something wrong & lose the wp info, so I want to be sure of what I am doing before I start.

I'm guessing that I the order I will do things in is: set up the addon domains, republish my pages individually, then retreive the wp data & republish it.

Could someone confirm that this is correct?

Comment

Yes. Follow the Manual Installation instructions found on the Wordpress wesbsite precisely. You might also duplicate the Installation From Backup instructions once you have properly organized your WP DB files.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X