This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture on Facebook

When I do a share for Facebook from most websites I am prompted with at least one phot to use on the sharing information. How do I get a photo to be offered if I share a page from my website?

I have several pictures including a photo for the banner. But when I paste my URL into the Facebook "Link" option I get no pictures.

Re: Picture on Facebook

Facebook has a complete set of instructions on the site when you are logged in, and you should review all of them to fully utilize your Facebook account: this is not a Forum to support other tools or issues other than VodaHost client questions regarding hosting or in using the BlueVoda website builder.
    It is simply impossible to be everything to everyone, or to list the volumes of instructions that continually emerge!

1. Images uploaded to Facebook must be first resident upon your local system (your computer's hard drive), and Facebook's photo uploader will automatically poll them after being selected individually and upload them accordingly.
    2. If you wish to use an image that is on your website, you must first save it from the site to your own hard drive.
    3. When "sharing" a URL in the Status bar on a FB page, if there are multiple images attributed to that page, Facebook will offer you the option of selecting which image you wish to include in that "share" as a 'Thumbnail' or to not include one at all.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

See? That is exactly the point. Your #3 note is not working. Why can't I get Facebook to give me photo options attributed to my BLUEVODA page but will on other websites.

If I prepare a page from SiteSpinner and upload it - Facebook finds all the pictures and gives me those options. But not when I create a page with BlueVoda.

(Oooops, for me thinking this was a BlueVoda question.

Comment

It isn't a BlueVoda question, not at all!

Be sure your individual images are in the FB acceptable format: JPG, GIF, PNG only.

The ONLY way this could become an issue is if you are improperly publishing BlueVoda created pages (other than to a VodaHost server in the prescribed manner), as this would not properly load the images to the server and thus not have the intended image pathways available.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X