This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions before signing up..hope you don't mind

I have several questions, please bare with me. thanks.

1. How many items can we keep in our catalogs? And up to how many types of products?

2. I have developed few webpages in Frontpage, can I import a copy of the pages created in BV to frontpage and vice versa? The reason I'm asking because when I tried to save as .html in BV builder, it was not successful.

3. Can we have one hosting with several domain names on it? These are small websites.

4. Can we upload excel files or access files to your server, and allow authorized individuals only to access them ?
    Example. mailing lists, resume database.

5. This is related to #4. How secured are our files in your server?
    Who has access to them other than our authorized clients?

Hope to hear from you.
    Thanks.

Re: Questions before signing up..hope you don't mind

1. How many items can we keep in our catalogs? And up to how many types of products?
    Depends only on the script you will be using, and the available disc space which in Vodahost's case is 12 Gb
    2. I have developed few webpages in Frontpage, can I import a copy of the pages created in BV to frontpage and vice versa? The reason I'm asking because when I tried to save as .html in BV builder, it was not successful.
    In part. Frontpage pages have to be edited in Frontpage, and Bv pages must be edited in BV. BV has the ability to import html pages, under certain conditions (no frames f.e.) although you will need to adjust them a little.
    3. Can we have one hosting with several domain names on it? These are small websites.
    Yes, you can have an unlimited number of doamins (and sites) hosted on the same account.

4. Can we upload excel files or access files to your server, and allow authorized individuals only to access them ?
    Example. mailing lists, resume database.
    You can upload any kind of files. You also have unlimited databases.

5. This is related to #4. How secured are our files in your server?
    Who has access to them other than our authorized clients?
    Only authorised users, if the files are in password protected folders or your script provides user login. Further security can be obtained purchasing an SSL certficate.

Hope this has helped.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Navaldesign.
      thanks for your answers.
      about question #1, if we have used up all of these spaces, can we buy additional storage? Do you think BV can host about 50,000 items of hardware merchandise?

About question #5, how much does it cost to buy this ssl ? i have seen this often, but have not used it yet.

and if we have this, no one can open the files even those working for BV.

Thanks.
      mary

Comment

50,000 or 1,000,000 items is not the issue, the issue is how much disk space you will use. But it you have 50,000 items which more items than the Home Depot, I suggest you get your own dedicated server.
        Last edited by VodaHost; 04-18-2006, 11:09 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Click the below for a ssl

SSL Certificates from Rapid SSL and Geotrust

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign

Yes, you can have an unlimited number of doamins (and sites) hosted on the same account.
            Sorry to bug in here. I have almost the same question as above.
            Let say, if I have three domain hosted by the same account.
            A. How much do I have to pay annually or monthly?

B. I understand first year domain is free (am I right?) but free only for one domain or for all the three domains?

Pls advise!
            Thank you.

Comment

Re: Question 1... is there a way to see how much space we are using?
              -------------------------------------------
              Shelly

www.ohs****sagleidaho.com

Comment

Originally posted by WSBlue
                Sorry to bug in here. I have almost the same question as above.
                Let say, if I have three domain hosted by the same account.
                A. How much do I have to pay annually or monthly?

B. I understand first year domain is free (am I right?) but free only for one domain or for all the three domains?

Pls advise!
                Thank you.
                One account= $95.40 / year, with ONE free domain name registration for 1 year.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

In your CP, you have everything: space used, remaining, as well as bandwidth used during the month
                  Navaldesign

Comment

One account= $95.40 / year,
                    with ONE free domain name registration for 1 year.
                    A. How much after first year?

B. How much to pay for others domain if hosted by same acccount?

C. How to get a coupon or to submit ticket?

Comment

1. Always $ 95.40 / account / year + renewal of the domain name registration ($ 19.95 / year for every domain name)
                      2. No charge for addon domains
                      3. You are asked for the coupon during the signup procedure. Insert the coupon freedomain when asked for it, so you will get a free domain name at no charge.
                      To submit a support ticket, click on http://support.vodahost.com
                      Navaldesign

Comment

click the below to order....

www.vodahost.com/order.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
                          click the below to order....

www.vodahost.com/order.htm
                          Hope you don't mind, also by telling you this;
                          I worry, I may not be able to get my web done even after I transfer it to Vodahost.
                          Everybody is very busy here to help me with the scripts I need for my form. Of course, I must not blame anyone here, afterall I understand that they got paid and I also haven't even pay anything yet. I must appreciate that I have gotten alot from BlueVoda. Its helps me to design my first web.
                          However, I wish to get my script for my form as soon as possible, as I still have alot to do. I can make use a lot of others Vodahost' features after I open an account with Vodahost.
                          My web is almost done, only got one more step / script to go but still don't know when to get this "almost done" thing to be done soon.
                          Must I open an account with Vodahost first, to make it more appropiate to ask for help? Please advise! :)
                          Regards,
                          WS_Blue
                          www.beruang.biz/formulir.htm

Comment

1. Always $ 95.40 / account / year + renewal of the domain name registration ($ 19.95 / year for every domain name)

2. No charge for addon domains
                            (WS_BLUE ASK: WHERE TO CLICK, TO SEE HOW TO DO AADON DOMAINS? THANKS)

3. You are asked for the coupon during the signup procedure. Insert the coupon freedomain when asked for it, so you will get a free domain name at no charge.
                            (WSBLUE: TO TRANSFER MY DOMAIN, I DON'T NEED A COUPON; DO I? )

To submit a support ticket, click on http://support.vodahost.com
                            .................................................. ..................................................

Comment

WsBlue,
                              you are asking for something that is NOT a Vodahost obligation. I'm simply a forum member and i prepare scripts for other Vodahost members only when my real job, which has nothing to do with Vodahost, allows me to do so. Also, your form is not complete, as BOTH the upload fields have the same name. You should rename the second one, in fotomobil1 for the script to work.

Vodahost helps all the way new customers, and also forum members that have not yet become customers, but intend to. But please understand that the help provided by the forum members is given for free, only because we are interested in helping each other. In your case we have a very long script, in a language that doesn't help very much. Anyway your script is there, in the appropriate thread. I hope you appreciate this.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X