Connecting to My SQL Database from my Home computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting to My SQL Database from my Home computer

I want to use an Access to MySQL migration kit to transfer my database on my domain.
    I dont wnow if the information below to conncet is correct.

Hostname: I put my vodahost server ip address : 74.209.215.9
    Port : 3306
    Username : ? Username to login to Vodahost Control Panel ?
    Password : ?

Please advise!
    Regards,
    Antonios

Re: Connecting to My SQL Database from my Home computer

You have created a MySQL Database ?
    If yes, and supposing you have created a user (read: username & password) and you have given permissions to this user for the specific database, then username and password your script is asking for are those of the user you created.
    For the hostname please contact support so they can provide you with the MySQL server (host) name

Please also note that you need to allow remote access. This is done through your cPanel, Database section, Remote MySQL access. You will need to allow the IP address of the host you are connection from.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Connecting to My SQL Database from my Home computer

Thanks a lot!

I have contacted support for the My Sql server name and waiting for their response.

Will try i again!

Comment

Working...
      X