This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index of/

Could someone in the US please try and browse to www.estinaconsulting.com and let me know here whether you were successful in getting to a webpage?

I added a new domain as an add-on domain twice in the last year. The first time, I was unable to access the site for several days, and the domain I added a couple of days ago is giving me the same problem.

I get the 'Index of/' screen when browsing for it, but I have definitely named the files correctly and can see that they have published into the correct directory by looking in cPanel File Manager. I have even tried copying my index.html file from another of my sites into the www/estinaconsulting.com/ directory, in case there is something wrong with the index.html file, but that didn't work either.

I am wondering if the problem is something to do with trying to browse to it from New Zealand - maybe slow updating of local domain servers? The Vodahost support was zero help last time, they just insisted my file name must be wrong (without even looking at them to check) and then closed the case, so I doubt they will be of any help this time. Believe me I do know how to type index.html. And how to flush my DNS cache. I have tried different browsers, different computers and different locations (home and work) with the same result.

The interesting thing last time was that people in the US could browse to the website but I couldn't, so was wondering if that is the case this time too. If it is I suppose I just have to wait a few days.

Re: Index of/

Hi,

I doesn't look like you have published any files ... i.e. no files appear in the
    list under Index of / ... no index.html or any other files...

Do you believe that you are publishing files successfully? Please check your
    publishing details carefully. Are you getting any error messages when you are publishing?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes, publishing worked just fine in terms of files uploading to the right spot under my home directory/public_html/estinaconsulting.com/. As I said in my post, the files were showing in the correct folder on the server.

I did get a response from support, which was to tell me that the new add-on domain has a different (from my other domains) server, login name and password. That had been advised to me at the time I signed up via an email that ended up in my spam folder. Two went there, the others didn't for some reason.

So that was a fault at my end, and the domain now works for me. I don't get why I need two logins now, but at least I can now publish. The pain is having to change server, login, password and location (as opposed to just location) when I change which domain I am publishing to.

Mail isn't working. I can set up new acocunts and login to them. I can send mail but can't receive any.

At least I can now publish.

Comment

It is 10:15 PM EST. I clicked on your link and i think it worked. I see a page Estina consulting , some text and a pic of what might be a board room or some high end dining room.
        Your links work good, I think your pages might be too wide for some viewers though.
        Dave Van De Cappelle
        www.aSimpleLife.ca
        www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

Working...
        X