Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifying the MySQL configuration file (my.cnf)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying the MySQL configuration file (my.cnf)

Hi, I need to have the server's MySQL configuration file modified. Is this something I can do? If so, could someone tell me where I would find this file. Thanks.

Re: Modifying the MySQL configuration file (my.cnf)

No, you can't modify it. VH is a shared hosting, so the PHP and MySQL config files are set to suit most common requirements and to limit resources usage to a reasonable limit so as not to affect performance of other accounts on the same server.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your reply. My problem is that I have to make an critical desicision based on Vodahost's server configuration. I am getting the following error in my Magento e-commerce installation: "2006 MySQL server has gone away" when I try to install an important extension. That error suggests that the MySQL server is configured with a timeout and a maximum allowed packet size in MySQL that is not large enough for the connection to be maintained during the installation.
      The solutions detailed here on several MySQL resource websites recommends increasing both the timeout and max_allowed_packet variable in MySQL by adding/modifying the following line in my.ini/my.cnf:

max_allowed_packet=100M
      connect_timeout=120
      wait_timeout=1200 (as high as 6000 worked for several persons)

I would like to know if there is no way that this could be accomodated, even for a short while in order to complete the installation. Since I don't know what the current values are I have to make the assumtion they now fall short of aforementioned.

Comment

Only support can answer you this, pls submit a support ticket.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X