This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook deleted all my e-mails from VodaHost

I have just set up Outlook for my e-mail but didn't realise it was going to download everything from VodaHost and then delete it from VodaHost. Is there any way the mail that has now gone from VodaHost can be recovered so I can access it from other PCs again?

Alternatively is there a way to copy it back from Outlook - other than forwarding one at a time?

Thanks

Paul

www.experttuning.co.uk

Re: Outlook deleted all my e-mails from VodaHost

That is how Outlook works -- it "polls" the server to "retrieve" emails to load into the software on your computer.

In Outlook, you must select "Leave Copy on Server" in order to preserve a copy on your VodaHost server, which will necessitate you changing the email address parameter in your cPanel under EMAIL ACCOUNTS to "Unlimited" storage capacity, which you must be mindful to monitor and manage to keep cleaned up.

In Outlook:
    TOOLS > ACCOUNT SETTINGS > (Select email address, double-click to OPEN) > MORE SETTINGS > ADVANCED > "Delivery" > Select "Leave Copy on Server" > OK > NEXT > FINISH
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the info. Is there any way to retrieve the mail onto the VodaHost server or is it too late? It's just that I sometimes need to access the old mail that is now on my desktop PC from my laptop when I am on a job.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Once Outlook has removed the email from the server, it is permanently removed. You will need to deal with any "inconvenience" with the understanding that it is simply how things are, and make adjustments to your desired routine appropriately.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X