X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL Certs for Facebook...

HELP...

Does anyone know what to do or how to do the SSL Certificates that Facebook is requiring. Is that done through VodaHost or what?

I am completely ignorant on this issue... Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks is advance for your help...

Re: SSL Certs for Facebook...

Facebook does not require SSL certificates for websites whatsoever. Any and all buttons and applications can be freely added.
    Facebook does allow the option to view their site using secure HTTPS connection, and that setting is configured in each individual ACCOUNT > SECURITY panel.

You can purchase SSL Certs for your website (to assure properly secured eCommerce info exchange) from VodaHost HERE.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

October 1st is a big date in the marketing world...

Facebook is requiring fan pages use SSL!

If you don't know how to SSL your pages, you could be in MAJOR
      trouble!

Apparently Facebook is requiring all Fan Pages that are using iframes to have an SSL Certificate. This is my understanding of the situation and I'm not sure what to do about it... I'm not sure how to have an SSL Certificate for my iframes.

Any advice or help???

Comment

Facebook is making an SSL Certificate mandatory for all websites and applications that use Facebook as a platform. Just as with banks, this requirement protects the privacy of the user. This is to protect you from having your information stolen. Hijacking an account used to be difficult, but it is easier than ever due to recent releases of more sophisticated spying programs. So, although your Facebook login is secure, the application or page you are visiting within Facebook (such as games) may not be, leaving you open to hijacking.

You are NOT a developer of games, nor does your website provide an application (or game) to interface with Facebook (displaying web pages via iFrame is not "interfacing"). This does not apply to you whatsoever!!!!

You do not even merge an eCommerce solution to your FB pages!

For the Casual User
        If you use the regular Facebook pages and not a customized design created by an outside company specifically for Facebook (i.e., a Facebook iframe app) you shouldn’t notice much difference. You might be unable to access some of your games or see content on some business pages. In these cases you will probably see a screen that asks you if you want to switch over to a non-secure connection. These alerts are actually in place now on Facebook—you can select secure connection (reflected by an https:// vs. http:// in the URL at the top of your browser page) or opt for a regular connection for pages without the SSL Certificate: no SSL cert is truly required, only for "seamless" transition for Users to link to websites hosted apart from Facebook. These interruptions can be irritating sometimes, but remember that the system is intended to protect your privacy.

For the Business Owner
        As a business owner, you may have to do several things to make sure everything runs smoothly on Facebook and your web site. You will need an SSL Certificate if:
        • You have Facebook content embedded on your website
        • You require users you log into your website using their Facebook login information
        • Your Facebook page contains embedded or linked content from your website (for example, if the user has to leave Facebook to visit an independent web site)
        Even if you do not fall into any of these categories, you will need to make some basic changes to links. Any links on your website linking to Facebook will need to be updated to reflect the https:// vs. the http:// and vice versa if you do get an SSL Certificate.

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        You can purchase SSL Certs for your website (to assure properly secured eCommerce info exchange) from VodaHost HERE.

You need to be much more savvy when responding to such News to be able to filter out that which is actually applicable, or, in the very least, know where to find a Source to be trusted to offer greater understanding.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X