Combox fail safes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combox fail safes

in addition to a seperate post, i am toying with the idea of using comboxes in lieu of checkboxes.

i made arught test page http://www.thepremiershipclub.com/ts210/ (if is askes for user name it is Ash and password is Yovibay23 case sensitive.

here i show 7 players names (when finished it will be 45) and i have 4 choices in each combox (5 if you count the default) the theory is that a "coach" will log into his page and choose X amount of players for his team for this week (usually this is 26 but for the test lets choose 3)

when i choose any option other than the default and submit, the website sends me a nice email with all the seceted names and the vaules chosen for that name..............PERFECT.............however..... ........ if a coach selected a players vaule from the drop down and proceeds to the next player and then decided he wants to hange his mond on a previous player, upon submition the website still sends me my email but any player that has changed from default (out) to a vaule and returned to defult (out) then is included in the email as "OUT" the default choice.

my reason on having a default choice was to show that, that particular players is not selected or "out" of the team as such i do not want any of his details submitted to me in the form but like i said while that usually works, if he is changed and then returned to "out" (the default vaule) it is then added to the eamil

can i get around this????

Re: Combox fail safes

Your post is quite unclear, and since I can't see the form (password seems wrong) I can't be of any help.
    Furthermore, it would be helpful if you posted here the content of one of these mails, highlighting what should NOT be
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

sorry the password shoud be Yovibay238

the email comes though as

Ashley Dumesny : Selected
      James Hird : Selected
      Darren Bewick : Selected
      David Zarharakis : Int 1
      Simon Madden : Out

this done by Making Ashly, James and Darren "Selected", Making David "Int 1" and initially making Simon selected and with webpage still open changing my mind and making him back to "out"

if a players default vaule is "out" and you never change it, his name is not submitted in the email (which is exactly as i want it) but as above if it is changed from default to anything and chnged back to the default it them becomes part of the submitted data (via email)

Comment

You can't avoid this.
        Let me explain:

If no selection in a combobox is made, the browser doesn't even "see" the option "out" as it was not selected. Until a selection is made, the combobox is ignored.
        If, instead, you select a value and then change it back to "out", the browser considers this as selection, and sends it through the mail.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok, thanks. I understad now.

Comment

Working...
          X