Trouble with images when transferring to another computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with images when transferring to another computer

I've been reading the threads regarding Blue Voda added to another computer/s. Blue Voda,of course, uploaded OK on my laptop but when the files from my desktop are transferred via removable flash drive there are no images on the files at all. Am I missing something here? How do I get those images to appear? I've tried by sending images over to the laptop but that failed. I'm at a lost here.

Mike
    M.J.Ming

Re: Trouble with images when transferring to another computer

Hello
    I have had the same problem, the images go into a different location on the new computer (windows 7 ) I had to alter or replace all the images on the pages in bv
    http://www.gracie-mae.co.uk

Comment

That's what I'm trying to avoid here - any takers?

Mike
      M.J.Ming

Comment

I would say that if you ensured that the folder heirarchy is exactly the same you should have no problem.
        Example:
        Original PC: c:/bluevoda/yourwebsiteFolder
        New PC: c:/bluevoda/yourwebsiteFolder

These paths need to be the same, otherwise you will have to go throughout your site and for all elements on the page that are stored locally on your computer (pics, songs, etc.) point to their new destination.

Comment

Easier said than done - but I'll get back to you when I retry. I'm attempting laptop to laptop via flashdrive. There aren't too many folders on either laptops right now. I plugged the flashdrive into the second laptop with the newly downloaded Bluie Voda and opened that file (on the flash drive) in the ftp and transferred the images to the folder but no images showed up on the website files on blue voda.
          Mike
          M.J.Ming

Comment

Working...
          X