Login information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login information

Jon: Hello, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction as to how I would implement different login methods to my site. Example being, Login with Facebook, Login with Yahoo, etc., Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Login information

Login in where ? In YOUR site ? or in Facebook, etc ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry, I meant into my site askjrpc.com This way they can do such things as post to forums, save customized settings unique to the user, etc., I would like a way to do the login process with various social media logins already available. Exactly like I was able to login into the vodahost support forums at school and post the original post in this thread. I logged in with my Facebook login information.

Comment

A login always requires comparison of the user typed username/ password with the ones stored in the database. Since these databases are NOT on your site but on the Facebook, Yahoo etc servers this means that you need to implement an API to "contact" the Facebook (or Yahoo or other) servers, perform the authentication and then allow access to the protected areas of your site.

This is quite advanced programing and requires considerable experience.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X