re: Page Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: Page Sizes

Hi Vodahost , aa couple of questions if you can pop into my site www.wildlifeclothing.net. The pages seen to download very slowly is there something that can be done to rectify this. I have a fairly fast internet ADSL line. Also some of my customers have been complaining that when they open the site they have to scroll left to right. What is the idea width of a page so that one does not have to scroll left to right to see the site.Thanks for your helpRegards Nick

Re: Page Sizes

Conventional wisdom (based on the 16 grid system) is to have pages no wider than 984 for optimal universal viewability, and for pages to not be longer than 1300 pixels deep (as the SE's focus on only the first 300-500 words on a page rather than the 750-1000 suggested to form a base metric of relevancy).

It will be some time until the resoluton defaults to 1024 pixels wide, even though it is nearly the accepted width in the US, not all systems (or devices) can properly render wider pages other than 960 or 984 pixels wide, even with the newest capabilities built-in.

As far as your page loading, it is more an issue with individual User systems and connection, and can still be influenced by an image or script "heavy" page ... reduce the file sizes of your images, and limit the dynamic scripting on each page to end up with a lean page file size that performs efficiently.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X