Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing and preveiwing troubles

first off i am new to this but learning,
    so i have a site designed in bluevoda and to my knowledge based on tutorials i have saved pages correctly
    now i saved my first page as index.bvp and my second page n2smedia.bvp and 3d page n2slinks.bvp now i have published them in that order but when click on the temporary link they gave me to manage the website it only brings up my index page and when i click on the media link that i hyperlinked to the n2smedia page i cant view it or my links page so forth any help would be greatly appreciated and the url of my website is supposed to be www.north2southrecords.com but it doesnt work either

Re: publishing and preveiwing troubles

Check to make sure you saved your index page as 'index' and not 'Index'.
    All pages should be in lower case letters with no spaces - this applies to images also. You have ' North2southpro black n white.jpg' - use underscores or dashes between words in page and image names.
    Remember that search engines also look at images so name each image with a descriptive name that someone might search to find.
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

i indeed have checked and i changed the name of the jpg to all lower case and joined the spaces with underscores also went through all files i have and made sure they are all lower case, the problem im still having is it wont link my other pages,.. in file manager in cpanel under public_html it shows as follwed index.php and then media.php and links.php and on each page i have hyperlinked each accordingly as follwed http://www.north2southrecords.com/media but when i click the media button to link me to my media page i just get a 404 page error and the page was saved as media.bvp again help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Your pages are published as .php but your links go to .html.
        Change your links to show php instead of html - like 'media.php'
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

The background image is named "North2southpro black n white'. Go to your site and right click on the image and click on "View Image Properties'. It shows '%20' whenever there is a blank. And as an unsolicited suggestion: You might want to run that image thru Pixresizer since it alone is 551 KB. You can keep it the same size and just reduce the dpi to make it load faster.
          Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Working...
          X