Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script adjustment for email

Domain: 4cyberbiz.com

Hi , I am looking for someone who can adjust the script for forms to allow me to place an edit box for an email address on a form and when that email address is inserted by my customer and the form is then submitted that the form also goes to the email address in the edit box. Not sure if that is possible?

Re: Script adjustment for email

Paid project!

Comment

Yes, it is possible,and you don't need to pay!

Use the built in form processor.
      In the "Email address" field, add the following:

'.$_POST['mailto'].'

Copy it from here and paste it in the form processor's "Email address" field, quotes included.

Then add a dropdown with the email addresses. The dropdown MUST be named mailto

Please note that you should not add a "Please select" option in the dropdown, otherwise if someone doesn't select an email address, you will not receive any mail. Or, make it "required" and "Disallow first choice"

Also note that this way the email addresses will be visible in your page code, and sooner or later they will get "cought" by spambots, so you wil start receiving spam mails.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Further to the feedback. I think maybe I did not explain myself clearly enough.

The person filling out the form will insert an email address (not pre-selected) into say an editbox and then from this insertion, the form also goes to the email address they have chosen to insert, plus also a copy of the form as normal to the address which is shown in the 'email address' in the form processor.

Is this possible?

Comment

In the "Email address" field, type the following:

you@yourdomain.com, '.$_POST['mailto1'].'

Copy it from here and paste it in the form processor's "Email address" field, quotes included.

Then add a dropdown with the email addresses. The dropdown MUST be named mailto1

This way the mail will be sent both to your own email address you@yourdoamin.com and to the email address selected by the user through the dropdown.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. The email address is not known until the person filling in the form inserts it on the form. So cannot include this unknown email address in a drop down box beforehand.

Comment

Do you mean that you need an "autoresponder" feature to send a copy of the email to them also ?

If yes, you will need to use ABVFP.

Related thread: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X