Ghost image from other page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost image from other page

This is a problem that has frequently plagued our site and it involved "ghost images" for other pages showing up where they don't belong. I can get rid of the image by republishing but then it returns again. Sometimes the image is of nav button other times another object from another page on the site. Here's a current example: http://unityofdavis.org/events_classes.html.
    Also at this page a nav button appears as a ghost image.: http://unityofdavis.org/registration_classes.php
    Last edited by revlry; 01-06-2012, 06:18 AM. Reason: more examples of problem

Re: Ghost image from other page

You most probably are using the Save As comand to create your pages.

This means that more than one pages have objects (mainly images and menu buttons) that have the same identity for both pages (example: bv_img0256.gif)

If you modify the image or the menu in one of these pages and publish the modified page, the other pages, which contain images with the same IDs (names) will be affected too.

Solution:

For all problematic pages / objects, open the page in BV. "Cut" the problematic objects, and paste them back using the "Paste" comand from the top toolbar. This procedure assigns a new ID - name to the images so there will be no more conflict with other pages.

Please create your new pages using the "Clone" comand and not the "Save as".
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Ghost image from other page

This was helpful. Although I the errant images and objects do not show in BV thus preventing me from cutting them out (only visible on on the published page) your suggestion of image ID being embedded in another object led me to look hunt down those objects containing the ID in the html. A bit of hit and miss but I eventually found the problem. BTW I always clone new pages, never "save as" so not sure how I created the problem in the first place. Thanks for your guidance.

Comment

Working...
      X