How do I update my wordpress scripts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I update my wordpress scripts?

Apparently someone hacked into my wordpress account and created scripts that sent out spam causing my account to get suspended. Fortunately, my account was turned back on, but I am told I need to update my wordpress scripts and plugins. I'm not sure what this means. I have already upgraded the plugins and upgraded to the newest wordpress format. Do I need to do something more than this?

Is there any other thing I should do to prevent this from happening again?

Re: How do I update my wordpress scripts?

Please do NOT make multiple posts on the same topic. Your other thread will be deleted.

You can update either automatically, through cPanel -> Fantastico (that is, IF an automatic update is available), or manually by downloading the files from the Wordpress site, reading the instructions, and updating the new files as per instructions.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X