This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storing files securely

i am wanting to store some very important docs on the first available folder when you ftp to the server. its the one that houses the public_files and public_ftp. does anyone know of any posts that will help me generate some great security for a file that i can store info in.

thanks

Re: storing files securely

Originally posted by livin' the dream View Post
    i am wanting to store some very important docs on the first available folder when you ftp to the server. its the one that houses the public_files and public_ftp. does anyone know of any posts that will help me generate some great security for a file that i can store info in.
    In fact, "storing" files directly un-related to an actual website on a VodaHost server is prohibited by the VodaHost Terms of Service, and would result in immediate suspension of your account without warning or recourse:

" 2.3) File Hosting:
    File hosting and file storage of any type is strictly prohibited on any and all servers within the VodaHost Web Hosting network. You MAY NOT use your VodaHost account as a download or file storage repository. Our services are strictly offered for website hosting only. "

* As a hosting provider, VodaHost gets regular reports from Search Engines that include presence of "orphaned files and irregular associations" of files and other aspects of each hosting account as they typically look for hacked accounts, compromised websites, and threats, and VodaHost investigates all these reports as part of server security protocol. There is no way to "sneak in" files without being found out and ultimately sanctioned ...
    With prices having come down so low, you're better off purchasing a peripheral drive if your computer does not have the space to securely and conveniently store especially important files independently. If your intent was to have universal access, consider using a thumbdrive with at least 4gb storage, or subscribing to an online storage/backup service such as
    Carbonite.com or one of the "Clouds" that may be available to you, many of which are free, and all of which implement encryption.

Site

Shop
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X