This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with how to use forum.

Does anybody know if there is a help file location for the how to use forum ?
    How do you track your post?
    How do you set the administrator?
    Does your forum account need to be linked to your hosting account and match records?
    Why do I get a message that I need to login after I submit a thread when I was still loged in?

I signed on with a user name on 9/1/2011 before I established a hosting account and it seems like I'm still not real familiar with the best way to navigate and use the forum.

Occasionally when I try to use it, I seem to not be able to find a location where it might show me a listed log of past postings I submitted, so I can have some Idea of where I left off the last time I was here?

Also, as I am searching around for information, I get a message stating my administrator has not allowed me to go there.
    Who is the administrator? I thought I was the administrator of my own profile and log in forum account.

Is this error message being generated due to establishing a user name account before obtaining a hosting account?

I need to continue actively searching for answers to fixing my website problems and need to get more efficient useability of the help available on the forum.

Any feed back on this is greatly appreciated!

DTR
    www.davistruckrepairs.com
    Last edited by dtr; 02-11-2012, 09:29 PM. Reason: another issue after posting

Re: Help with how to use forum.

There is only one administrator on this forum. You are not the administrator of anything on this forum, but, of course, you can edit your profile as needed.

You don't need to already have a hosting account to be a member of this forum.

To trace your own previous posts, click on your username, on the top left corner where it says "Welcome, dtr...."
    In the next screen click on "Find latest posts" on the left hand menu.

Some areas of the site are restricted, so you probably are trying to access one of these areas, so you get the "You are not allowed......" message.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you, I understand know.
      What about the other problem where if I try to reply and after composing the reply and hit post reply it tells me I need to login again as if I wasn't already, so I login again and have to re-compose and start all over?

Whats up with this?

Thanks

DTR

Comment

Either compose it in MS Word and then paste it into a reply, or compose it in the Forum Message Box and always copy it in case you have to re-paste it back into a Message box after Logon due to session timeout.

Your choice of simple solutions!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

It might be due also to your computer settings. Make sure your computer allows cookies and that your computer security settings (for internet) are set to medium. A very high level may result in automatic logout.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X