This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folders

I plan to reorganize my site, updating most of the pages, as from the time I started this job I have changed my mind a few times.

So far, all the pages and their elements are located in the root of the "public_html" folder. Only ABVFP and the brochures in .PDF format for being downloaded are in their own, separate folders.

The question is: Is there some advantage to have the pages in one single folder? Or, would it be better to group similar pages in separate folders?

Please comment. Thanks in advance
    German
    www.alfil-sa.com

Re: Folders

No. Do not get overly zealous in an attempt to be "pretty" with organizing your root directory, as you will directly affect root paths and associations of images and elements on your published pages, which may require you to re-populate indibvidual pages and re-publish them to re-establish those critical root paths.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hello Vasili

Thanks for your comment.

In fact, I was thinking of remaking practically all of the pages, which would need to re-publish them any way.

If I do that, separate folders or all in root directory?
      German
      www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Once again .... do not complicate things unnecessarily: BlueVoda automatically Publishes in the manner it requires, and that manner does not anticipate any 'outside help' in order to function properly.

If you want to experiment to understand for yourself, go right ahead. The concept I describe will immediately become apparent ...
        ... you will directly affect root paths and associations of images and elements on your published pages ...

Comment

OK Vasili, I will leave BV to upload everything its own way, to the root of the folder. From your reply it is apparent that there are no advantages or disadvantages working that way.

Thanks for your patience.
          German
          www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Oh, there are very clear disadvantages as repeatedly mentioned, but I think you prefer to find things out the hard way ...

Comment

Working...
            X