This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with backup

I backup my computers data onto a WD hard drive.
    When I check the data I find that the BlueVoda files will not load correctly into the program.
    Am I 'missing something'?

Re: Problems with backup

Not really, You have moved all that files that BlueVoda knows the location of. If the files are moved, BlueVoda will have to be redirected to where the files are, because the program no longer can find them in the location that they were in when you created the page.
    Dave Van De Cappelle
    www.aSimpleLife.ca
    www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chippy View Post
      Am I 'missing something'?
      This reply may offer a clearer insight for you ....

You have understood only half of the concepts described in this original post that likely inspired you.

Review the entire post completely to understand what it is you are seeing, and why:

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      No, storing them on a cloud is not the local source file that needs be properly established.

It may be best instead to store your photos and other vital elements in an organized series of folders stored on a thumb or otherwise external drive, for once you "draw" them from these external sources and place them on your pages, they will be published properly, but will record the 'source' from where they originated .... should your computer crash again, your page designs in BV will always seek the same paths to the resources, and if they are from a secure external source, it matters not if you are using the same computer anymore - those "local" paths are stable and can be used by any computer using the same base BV pages -- only, of course, if you originally created your pages using resources stored in these folders: if you are "backing up" your files onto an external drive, these original paths are not secured, and you will need to re-insert the items onto a page and re-save each page to overcome the red "X" showing as an indication of broken paths.

Which also brings up another aspect: are you capable of running your installation of BV from the same external drive? This way, you need not worry about page version being dedicated to a single computer if both the resources and the BV program are both on the same external (but local) drive ... this means if your computer crashes, you run it all off the external drive and use whatever computer to provide the connection and publishing functions without worrying about images in saved BV pages being "X'd" out, as mentioned above.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I have now solved the problem by saving my files twice. 1 x to main drive 1 x to backup drive. This works fine.

Thankyou.

Comment

Working...
        X