This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting half of a wrong page in IE

When I am in vodahost my pages look fine, when i preview them they look fine. when i go on the internet and look at site, i have half my images and links from the "snow dogg page" mixed with my western page" and same thing with the boss page. why is all my pages getting scrambled into one another? everything was fine. then boom.. here is the web site. I hope someone can help me solve this asap or I am gonna have to shut it down so I dont get in trouble from my boss.
    www.snowplowsolutions.com the pages that are getting scrambled are under the snowplows in brand page? Please help me.
    thank you- oh and I tried refreshing doesnt change.

Re: getting half of a wrong page in IE

Your Main navigation Menu is incomplete, making it nearly impossible to navigate the site. If you have made changes to the Navigation which had been "inherited" (or copied) from one page originally (likely the index page), the continuity page-to-page will be broken and will not work. The same for any images that are "copied" page-to-page: you should always use images that are Titled specifically for each page even though they are the same image -- just create different Titles for each page, not to simply create better Page Relevance (an Optimization practice) but so the images will not be dependent upon the page pathways (if one page changes in the string, the images will not collapse and are able to function independently.

Since we cannot "see" what different from the pages that ARE visible online and what they are supposed to look like, there is not much we can do for you beyond suggest you make sure you duplicate your Menu across all pages precisely after each update using the COPY + PASTE method via the Icons and not the commands OR use the CLONE function to establish a base page template. This is a heavily discussed issue with regard to using BV12, and you will find other "fixes" throughout the Forum.

It is also possible that your system is experiencing Browser Cache issues despite your common efforts to "refresh" the browser itself. Follow these methods to resolve Browser Cache: How to Flush Your DNS
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, I know my navigation is not complete yet. this web site was working fine . Untill.. i went ot re do the pages after transfering the site to an external drive, i re saved the pictures and new pages to the proper path and when i preview they all look fine. but for example when you go to http://snowplowsolutions/snowlpows.com this pages shows the dift brands of plows when you click on my western page i now get half of my snowdogg pics and text. and visa versa on the other ones. when i save and publish the western page to my j/drive/bluevoda folder/snowplowsolution folder/western.bvd it saves a copy to my j/drive/bluevoda folder/western_01/bvd why is it doing that? it is making a copy almost. could this be what is scrampling half my stuff ?

Comment

User error: reset your system, and stop trying to backup your work to a different drive. Remove any attached external drives and Publish using the proper methods.

Re-publish pages once your system is properly resolved. Flush your DNS using the process provided above.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X