X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook on a new PC not receiving emails

Hi there,
    Hope all is well with you.

I got a laptop recently. My old laptop had my email accounts configured to Outlook and it all worked quite well.

I attempted to configure Outlook on my new laptop, it is not receiving email. The settings I've used are identical to my old settings - in fact I copied them. Oddly, when I test the settings on my new laptop, the Microsoft test message is received on my old laptop in Outlook, but not in my new one.

I don't get it. Any ideas appreciated????

eoinmc

Re: Outlook on a new PC not receiving emails

Outlook will "poll" emails from the server, and once copied down, they are removed from the server permanently and stored in the Outlook program for viewing, storing, actioning, etc. Running Outlook on 2 computers means that only one can connect and receive emails at a time: If you close one, the other is likely able to run as intended.

For your "new" computer, open Outlook (with the "old" computer and Outlook off) and perform a couple test messages to confirm proper function prior to designating as your "Primary" email utility.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Outlook on a new PC not receiving emails

Thanks Vasili, you nailed it!

I'm all systems go. Believe it or not, I've had the laptop 2 months and couldn't figure out the problem. So, so simple in the end.
      Thanks again,
      eoinmc

Comment

Working...
      X