Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Imaging chatboard on vodahost

Hello,

I am considering creating a better ultrasound chatboard that I would like to invite people on to submit clips of interesting cases and discuss them.

Not sure if Vodahost is the right fit for that and I am not new to the vBulletin board, but I was thinking of phpB.
    On another site we put up clips of other things but the bandwidth the owner said with 30,000 members is couple thousand a month. He also charges membership fees so I dont know if he is really honest about the cost b/c he always solicits non-supporters to become a more privileged member.

It would start small and so I dont want to invest too much as I start inviting people but I want the option to grow with it as well. I have used proboards before but that isnt really impressive.

If I start it I'd like to be able to have some commerce opportunities like selling ebooks possibly.

Lets say there are a hundred three second video clips in a years time of ultrasound images and say a thousand members. Am I going to go over bandwidth b/c of video and what am I looking in ballpark figures.

I'd like to derive some income with staffing and employment on it as well and not sure how much I am going to commercialize it.

Is Vodahost the right solution, I'd like to build a large stable community where I dont invest too much if it fails in the beginning but also don't want to limit myself if it takes off, which is never a precise science.

Basically similar to this Vodahost board and have tutorials and such only dealing with real ultrasound pictures

Re: Medical Imaging chatboard on vodahost

Yes we can do this for you, we host countless forums, phpBB forum
    is included for free with every account. Click the below to learn more
    about phpBB....

http://www.vodahost.com/tut_phpbb.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
      Yes we can do this for you, we host countless forums, phpBB forum
      is included for free with every account. Click the below to learn more
      about phpBB....

http://www.vodahost.com/tut_phpbb.htm
      Thanks, I think I am going to go with vBulletin. I still have some things to consider but its ironic that I found a forum about hosting and webbuilding that is near exactly what I want to do with the ultrasound field and education.
      THere is a large lack of tutorials and up to date chatboards.

You mentioned the tutorials, Ive watched a great number of them already. That's why I like vodahost. Is there a tutorial on making those tutorials lol. That's what a person needs when entering the field or learning new equipment etc... The niche I am looking to fill. A resource as well. If large enough I am going to turn the skype feature on to talk to moderators for free in long distance.

I use skype to talk international every night, just like a phone call. Lots of stuff to consider although I dont want people just going there, chatting and not posting so I may not implement it in the early stages.

I want to build it as a one stop superworld of my professsion. Links, vids, tutorials, networking, asking others in the field etc... If I dont invest alot of time setting it up then they won't come.

I have some research to do and reading but so far your forum here, with some things Id implement on the forum is what I want to build. Plus I love forums, seems I can get my answers far more easily from members on a forum. That's why I want to build one for ultrasound.

Great job on this, this is to the next level. Those tutorials are exactly what I want to add to my forum

Comment

Alright done, I purchased vBulletin and downloaded it and I also bought a year hosting to begin with on Vodahost.
        Looks like I cant open vbulletin until I upload it to your server if that is how I am reading it.

I am not quite sure what to do next, guess I'll do some more searching on the forum, but I guess I am just waiting on confirmation and setup from vodahost and then put my upload vbulletin software to my url that will be setup.

Comment

Ok, I searched for vbulletin as that is the software I bought but all of the tutorials are on the phpBB software :(
          Is the exact same process of installation using Fantastico and should watch the phpbb tutorials or is there some resource page that I am not finding describing the installation of vbulletin?

I kind of want to get working on the forum design as I am very familiar with that. Just getting started and getting the software up and running to the url that I purchased

Comment

1) Please allow 24 hours for the activation of your VodaHost account.
            2) VB is a real pain in the *** to install, they do not make it easy. If
            you do not know what you are doing. I suggest you pay for their installation
            service.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

service.
              hahaha, well in the meantime, I found install information http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/ on the vbulletin board there so I will read as much as I can while I wait for the voda account to be activated.
              If that fails Ill bite the bullet on the pro install. I know alot about vbulletin so it makes more sense and I like it alot more when I looked at phpbb. Although it could be I am just used to vb

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it, I got alot of reading a head of me looks like

Comment

service.
                Man, you aren't kidding about vBulletin being a pain in the arse to install. The tutorial is out of date and all messed up as far as files and extensions and there is no real clear way to really just follow a step by step instruction.
                Custom install is 135$ as far as I can see and three hours of my life so far at deadends I'll just opt for that.

Anyone else reading this and aren't psychic just have to shell out on top of the fee please include 135$ to your budget for custom install if you decide to use vBulletin instead of phpBB for a chatboard

Comment

Working...
                X