This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-Responders not working

Hi! I hope I'm posting in the right forum--seemed appropriate.

I have one last problem with my website www.idassurity.com. My forms are fixed, but my auto-responders aren't following directions. I think it's more that I am not giving it the right directions. (That is more likely). I have watched all of the tutorials and have tried a slew of different things but obviously am missing something. The paths seem to be correct but it is failing testing. I could use some guidance. I'm a one-woman-show project manager in a start-up company. I need to put this website behind me for now and move on--lots of other things to do to get it to market. I haven't done any SEO yet, so......... I am behind schedule.

Thanks in advance. You guys do a great job in the help department for the non-html, project manager like me. I'd be really good at this if Bill Gates were 10 years younger!

Ideally, I want 3 different forms to go to the same email: "owner name" @idassurity.com with the auto-responder to go to the new contact. Instead, the responder and the contact info is going to the email: "owner name" @idassurity.com. This is probably a simple fix and right under my nose, but I am stumped. Any suggestions?

Re: Auto-Responders not working

Auto-Responders are meant to reply to ONE email address only -- the one that an email was submitted to originally.

You cannot divide functions across additional email addresses.

You can have as many Forms as you want each submitting emails to a single address, as this does not overlap any function or logic: each Form processes individually, and will submit data to whatever email address is configured in the Form. However, that one single email address will not be able to selectively route emails to different addresses according to the Form itself, Auto-Responder or not --- it simply will deliver emails to a single email Inbox established for that specific original email address.

An Auto-Responder is not the same as Forwarding email, which is to simply re-route entirely all incoming emails to another single specific email address. An Auto-Responder is meant to be a temporary device to respond to each individual incoming email to a specific single email address with a notification, such as "Your email has been received, but since we are closed for the Holiday, it will not be responded to until Wednesday" or even something as simple as "Your email has been received, and will be answered shortly" but should NOT take the place of your "Success Page" which is actual confirmation that the Form has been processed properly (as a function of the Submission Scripting).

If you are receiving an Auto-Response to emails sent to a single email address (notwithstanding which Form is being submitted) then likely there is nothing wrong with your configuration. If you are not getting a notification, then you should likely remove all Auto-Responders on any email address and re-think your logic entirely so it will conform with standard protocol and functional compliance.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you! That was very helpful and they are now working! Thank you!

Comment

Seems very unlikely they would all of a sudden be "working" without re-configuration .... but great!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X