Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templates of your own design

This may not be the official way...

I wanted very specific things on my site. Mostly the background and oval at the top with my name. I made one page and did 'save as...' startpage.
    Then when I go to make a new page I open that startpage work on it some and 'save as...' products (or what ever I need to publish it as).

I have my startpage and every thing is in the same spot (header, buttons, Email me, etc...)

With a few small issues this seems to be working for me.
    -------------------------------------------
    Shelly

www.ohs****sagleidaho.com

Re: Templates of your own design

Shelly, I do similar.

I make my "basic" page that includes my header, navigation and any elements that will be on all pages and save it - do not publish it.

Every time I start a new page, I don't do what you do (cuz once I forgot and clicked save instead of save as - and lost my template). Instead, I go to Edit, Select all - then in the icons I select copy. I open a new page and use the icons to select paste. This will also put everything in the same places - only thing you need to do is set the background, etc again - but need to go in there for title, etc anyway.

Both methods work - and yours is probably a tad easier - but I'm used to clicking on save all the time (fear of losing work).
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Understand that fear!!!
      I should change work on it some to 'do one thing then' or 'resave as something else right away"
      Shelly

Comment

Just realized I have a bar...
        I'm a 2nd Loo.
        Shelly

Comment

Originally posted by OhScrap
          Just realized I have a bar...
          I'm a 2nd Loo.
          Congrats on the rank!
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Sir yes ma'am, Ma'am- Lt. I'm so confused!

LOL

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Please note that BV has a standard feature under "File". It's the "Save as Template". Create your template page, and save it as Template. When you want a new page based on the same template, just press File > New Page > From Template.

You may create and use as many templates as you want, giving them names that recall what they are about.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Quoting myself from other thread....

I did that and lost it some where in the never land of my computer all I could find was the ones from BV that I had loaded to look at and see if they fit my wants.
                Shelly

Comment

Same thing happened to me, Shelly! ....I even re-loaded BV to see if when I slowed down and did things like I was supposed to, it would be where I could find it....Nope!

So, I create my own basic page, and "Save Page as" + "<site name>Template v1", for instance, the first time, then with whatever page title it becomes later on after doctoring it up. Just have to be sure not to "Save with Changes" when closing it down, like Beth reminds us!

For me, doing it this way keeps everything locked in place, all transitions smooth, and helps to really define-in-the-mind what is important as you design a whole site.....

But, like the General says, there ARE tools within BV that are there to make our lives simpler - should we take the time to look for them!

(methinks we are in a hurry to publish??)
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                  X