This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't see mail

HI, I set up the ability to view my mail with webmail quite some time ago. I have had no problem with reading my mail through webmail until this past weekend. I was away and accessed my webmail account just as I've done many times in the past but when got to the page it showed "0" in my inbox. I was absolutely sure that there would be mail there and when I got home sure enough through my mail program on my desktop all the mail was there and downloaded from vodahost's server. I'm at a loss as to why I do not see the mail on webmail. Can anyone help? thanks. akomet.
    MissSunshineTheClown.com

Re: can't see mail

Sounds like you are using Outlook to 'retrieve' your email from the VodaHost servers. Outlook and similar software email programs connect with the servers to "poll" for any waiting email, which is then copied down to your local system. It is wise to leave the Webmail configuration setting at "Do Not Leave a Copy of Email On The Server" as once Outlook or whatever program you are using downloads it, it automatically removes it from the server in order that the storage limit is not reached. If you do not allow Outlook (or whatever program) remove email from the server after copying them, you will need to be responsible to routinely clean up your Webmail Inbox to stay under the limit so your account is not automatically suspended for breach of server allowances.

Decide one way or the other, but you must decide.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Sounds like you are using Outlook to 'retrieve' your email from the VodaHost servers. Outlook and similar software email programs connect with the servers to "poll" for any waiting email, which is then copied down to your local system. It is wise to leave the Webmail configuration setting at "Do Not Leave a Copy of Email On The Server" as once Outlook or whatever program you are using downloads it, it automatically removes it from the server in order that the storage limit is not reached. If you do not allow Outlook (or whatever program) remove email from the server after copying them, you will need to be responsible to routinely clean up your Webmail Inbox to stay under the limit so your account is not automatically suspended for breach of server allowances.

Decide one way or the other, but you must decide.
      Hi Vasili, Actually I know about all you have described. I have been using webmail for some time now whenever I am away from my home computer as I wrote about in my original post. This problem has just showed itself and I've not changed anything. I have tested the problem from home Leaving my "windows mail" program off after sending a "test" email. Then I go to webmail to check to see if the test mail is there. It shows 0 in the inbox. When ever I have done this in the past I was always able to see that "test" mail I sent. This past weekend when I was away from my computer at home, it was off, and trying to see the email on webmail there where non. When I got home and checked with my windows mail there were about 23 emails downloaded to my computer. My only guess about this problem is that there is a setting at the webmail server that is keeping me from seeing the new mails that are there. I hope you understand my problem now and have some ideas what could be wrong. Thanks for any additions help!
      MissSunshineTheClown.com

Comment

It is a setting in Outlook (or in your case, "Windows Mail") and nothing in Webmail, Thunderbird/Squirrel/Horde, or on the server whatsoever: select the option "Leave Copy On Server" and be done with it.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X