Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwi Needing Help

Kiora, ( hello)

I am wanting advice please. I have looked and watched the help videos and can not find the following information, well I am blond so hopefully I have not missed it!!

1/ I know how to set the page sizes but what size should I set, to fit into everyones web browsers? (I don't like the idea of scrolling accross when the site does not fit in etc.)

2/ I already have two domain names reserved for my website with .nz and .net , is it okay to use both or does it just complicate things?

3/ I have done a majority of editing with microsoft digital image and then downloaded the pix resizer programme and run the whole project through it, ie:basically made my own templates. Am I on the right track by doing this to help down loading times?

3/ Setting up hyperlinks are easy but blue voda says to always put HTML at the end and some of the hyperlinks I want to use are HTM at the end, is this the same??

I think that is enough for now, thanks for the programme Vodahost it certainly is easier than alot of programmes I have tried , even for a blond kiwi girl from downunder New Zealand!! thanks Jody

Re: Kiwi Needing Help

1. 800 is the width to go to if you want to be assured that everyone will see your website without scrolling.
    2. If they are both for the same website, you would probably be better off building with one and having the other redirected to the first. No need to build twice!
    3. Yes, sizing the pics will help download time.
    3 #2 - for BV pages you have to use html - if you are linking to other pages on the web, you use whatever those pages call for.

Hope I helped.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth,

You are a star!! All makes sense when someone can help put you in the right direction. I am feeling quite pleased today though as I have nearly finished my homepage!! yipee. Quite rewarding when you do it yourself and you don't have to pay hard earned cash to a web site building company!!
      Thanks again Jody

Comment

Hi,

Having trouble with my page sizes again.

I am doing alot of leg work with my web site in my microsoft digital image programme. This means I am doing a page background and putting on photo's and most of my information prior to going to BV programme. I re size in the pix resizer programme ( to be honest I don't quite know what size there to use either).

So I then open up a new page in BV insert image from above pix resizer programme, double click work space to get up properties for web page, now this is where I am getting un stuck, I put in 800 wide, don't know what to put in for height either ( help) . Then I go back at a later date to this page sizing and find the page size has changed, whats going on???

I have also tried to print my project in BV as it is looking great and no matter what I do with my print page setup management, it still won't print the whole thing. I am not giving up but I don't want to spend many more hours on a project that might just not look right when I publish etc......

Comment

Working...
        X