This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-mail threads - question from yesterday

Sorry - don't know how else to address this - which is the best replacement email solution to migrate to from using Squirrel mail, i.e. Google mail, Outlook etc. while ensuring my historic mail was still accessible via the new chosen interface.

I have tried to use the knowledgebase but the link to it doesn't work for me to try and find an answer there.

I cannot seem to find my earlier posts?

Thanks

Re: e-mail threads - question from yesterday

>> How to ask for assistance

Your question makes no logical sense, and is impossible to answer:
    1. If you have a hosted Domain at VodaHost and are processing email through it, the choice of using Webmail or a Client software are two vastly different choices that have methods and processes requiring specific setup, and you do not provide any logical information to indicate your understanding of either to recommend a choice or manner in which to configure.
    2. You mention a "chosen" interface" but do not state what that is, or how that can influence any choice of email Client.
    3. There are huge differences between Gmail, Outlook, and Webmail's Squirrel (if in fact you have a hosting account with a Domain/website configured to process email). They process email so differently that it is difficult to see any understanding on your part of how they really operate, especially when mentioning an "interface" and concerns over "historical email."
    4. In any event, whether email is polled and downloaded to a single local system (as Outlook does, being an email software separate from a server function -- unlike Squirrel or Gmail which are strictly server-based email platforms) is not of issue regarding email preservation on the server, it is a setting that is made by you: you can choose "leave a copy on the server" when configuring (at which time it is suggested you also reset via cPanel your Domain's email Account Limit to "unlimited" to accommodate the volume of emails to be stored). Thus, this part of your inquiry is moot, without such a real understanding of basic email processing.

Lastly, there is nothing wrong with the link to the VodaHost Knowledgebase, which makes mentioning such rather suspicious indeed. Putting all these facts together, any earlier similar posts made by you that do not contain the required information or which presented illogical or incorrect information were likely removed having been deemed "Spoof" or simply Forum Spam, per Forum Rules.

* You should study the various Tutorials to gain a proper understanding of how email functions, and compare the various methods they specifically outline for each in order to formulate a more lucid and informed decision for how to approach a personal solution that satisfies your defined needs and particular requirements.
    > TUTORIALS
    > How To Create Email Accounts in cPanel
    > Email Tutorials (10 Titles)
    > Configure Outlook For Your Domain Email
    > SquirrelMail Webmail Tutorials
    > Horde Webmail Tutorials
    > How to use your domain name with Googles Gmail webmail service
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: e-mail threads - question from yesterday

Thanks. You're absolutely right that I don't understand the difference between the various mail systems. I can also assure you I cannot get tothe knowledgebase, but perhaps that is a problem this end. I'd rather solve my own problems where I can, and tried to do so before posting.

In case this is helpful I get the following when I try to access the e-mail knowledgebase:

404 Not Found

The resource requested could not be found on this server!