This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issue with mail forwarders and auto-responders

on this website: www.handlautorestoration.com on the "Contact" page I have a form. The form works, and the form info is sent to sales@handlautorestoration.com . He doesn't having to check multiple places for his mail, so I set up a forwarder. It will not forward to any account I send it to. The viewer of the website is to get a quick note from the auto-responder. It won't go to the address in the form, but rather BACK to sales@handlautorestoration.com . SOOO frustrating. And YES, I have watched every video tutorial there is, and I have set this same thing up so many times on so many other websites I build on Voda, it shouldn't be doing this. It gets stuck in a loop. The only thing I can think that is different from any other that I have done is on this page I have an embedded HTML from Google maps.

Re: issue with mail forwarders and auto-responders

upon further testing - The auto responder will only send to the address it is coming from, and NOT to the customer that filled out the form. So in other words... seems to be an internal problem. I would submit a support ticket if it wasn't so hard to do. Maybe someone here can help instead.

Comment

You do not get it, Jane ....

FORWARDING EMAIL means just that: all incoming email sent to a specific email address is "forwarded" to another without ever being "received" by the original email address sent to .... there is no confirmation or instant reply sent to the Sender whatsoever --- it is simply a manner in which to invisibly and seamlessly deliver email to an [alternate] address other than was originally addressed to.

AUTO-RESPONDERS are simply notifications sent immediately back to the Sender of an email as a matter of uniform response with no other action .... this "auto-response" is rather useful to inform Senders of email when you are out of the office for a period of time (so they are 'notified' that there is going to be a delay in your response), on vacation, out sick, or even a notice to Sender of your normal processing times or any "Rules" they need be aware of. Auto-Responders are triggered to be sent to Senders of incoming email by the mere fact they are 'responding' to that incoming email .... there is no other action.

It appears your "issue" is one of misunderstanding the email process and methods, and that you are in fact seeking to have a "Cc" (Carbon Copy) of an email generated by one of your Forms sent immediately to the Sender for their archival purposes (as "proof," perhaps). To have a "copy" of an email generated and sent via your Form back to the Sender and the email address entered into the same Form, you will need to use instead a Form Script (or hand-code HTML a Form with this added function) other than the functionality provided in any BlueVoda Form feature ... or ... you can choose to use Advanced Blue Voda Form Processing instead of the simple Form shown in BlueVoda, as ABVFP is more fully featured and offers functionality only available by incorporating reliance upon a Database that you can custom-configure. You will find more on how to set up and configure ABVFP here > Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

If you choose not to use the simple Form featured in BlueVoda or choose not to implement ABVFP, you can do a Google Search for such a script, and once you select one, you can add that script to your BlueVoda page by pasting it into a BlueVoda HTML Box ..... the normal method of adding any script to a BlueVoda page (which is completely outlined in the Tutorials).

Jane N. : Handyman+ Madison, MS
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Email address in a form

Thank you Vasili for explaining to me about the email forwarding and auto responders. But you closed the issue and I couldn't reply.

In two separate websites: www.handlautorestoration.com and www.allstarpw.com I have found this to be happening. Could be me, could be a bug...

Both of these have a form, that allows a user to enter an email address, along with other contact information.

In the form properties, I have the form data being sent to jcnailen******.com. During my testing of the forms (as a customer), if I enter in the form area the address jcnailen******.com , and it just happens to be the address that the form data is being sent to are THE SAME, the form data will not send. Almost like it confuses itself.

If I enter a different email address in the form properties to send the data to (southernboatworks******.com), AND if I enter jcnailen******.com in the form as a customer would, it works fine.

So in my testing of the forms, I have been using the same. If the form collects jcnailen******.com in the space provided (as a customer would fill it out) AND the form data is also set to send to the same address, it never makes it through.

Comment

Re: Email address in a form

I just retested this to test my hypothesis, and I am correct... if the email adrress that the form data is being sent to, is the same email address that is entered into the form (for testing purpose), the form data never gets sent. Sound like a bug?

Comment

You are spinning your wheels unnecessarily, and needlessly posting as a result.

Since you are using a simple Form without a Database function to back up any configuration, it is impossible to "extract" an email address from a field that is included in a simple BlueVoda generated Form to "action" anything from .... it will simply "report" the data entered as a separate line in the basic email that is generated and sent to you.

Again .... to have a Form automatically send an automated response to an email address entered in a single Form field within the email that is submitted (rather than to the email address in the Source -- the Header -- of the email, the same email address that you enter as Destination in Form Properties and thus is the "loop" you describe), you will need to create and configure a Database function to define that script and to process the overall Form field-by-field. This can be done using ABVFP as mentioned above, but not using the simple BlueVoda Form tools featured.

Do not waste any more time trying to find a work-around or to exploit what you think is a "logical" foundation. It is already obvious that your confusion with Forwarders and Auto-Responders has only contributed to your misunderstanding.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X