Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frames and targets

Hi.
    I was wondering if there was anyway I could make links, which when clicked on, only part of the page changes.

Example: I have navigation buttons set up on the left side of the page: home, players.. etc. To the right of the navigation buttons is the body of the page where I want to change. So if "home" is clicked on, I only want that body part to change and display what i want "home" to display. Then when "players" is clicked, I want what was displayed for "Home" to only change to what "players" should display. How do i do that?

Hope you understand what I'm asking.

You can't (visually) create frames with BlueVoda, but of course you can create the pages to which the framesstructure is refering to, for example:

Create this frameset in notepad (or any other text editor) and call it pages.html:

<HTML>
    <FRAMESET COLS="100,300">
    <FRAME SRC="page1.hml" NAME="page1">
    <FRAME SRC="page2.hml" NAME="page2">
    </FRAMESET>
    </HTML>

Create page1 and page2 with BlueVoda, where page1 is the page with your navigationbar and page2 is the target frame. Make sure you specify 'page2' as the target of your links.

Upload the 3 files to the web server and when you call pages.html you'll have frames!
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Hi,

Should it be html in the code??

Paul

Originally posted by Pablo
      You can't (visually) create frames with BlueVoda, but of course you can create the pages to which the framesstructure is refering to, for example:

Create this frameset in notepad (or any other text editor) and call it pages.html:

<HTML>
      <FRAMESET COLS="100,300">
      <FRAME SRC="page1.hml" NAME="page1">
      <FRAME SRC="page2.hml" NAME="page2">
      </FRAMESET>
      </HTML>

Create page1 and page2 with BlueVoda, where page1 is the page with your navigationbar and page2 is the target frame. Make sure you specify 'page2' as the target of your links.

Upload the 3 files to the web server and when you call pages.html you'll have frames!
      Oscommerce sites : www.nutritionzone.co.uk
      www.aromaskincare.co.uk
      www.thebirthbox.com

Comment

Think I have done something wrong. Loaded up ok and the frames are in place but the left frame where the menu is changes but the right hand page does not.
        Oscommerce sites : www.nutritionzone.co.uk
        www.aromaskincare.co.uk
        www.thebirthbox.com

Comment

Working...
        X