X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping Cart Trial

Hi,

I have a couple of question for the forum.

Firstly, Can I trial the shopping cart add on, or is there another way to input products onto the web pages.

Secondly, Is it possible to import my data as I have over 500 items on a database.

I am currently trialling Shopfactory and Instantestore, but do not like the inflexible templates. However the shopping carts seem very good.

Regards
    Alan

Re: Shopping Cart Trial

I don't think vodahost has a copy of each script to try... but if you want to try out a specific shopping cart you can always check the website for it... usually they have a demo

If you install the same shopping cart and if the database you currently use is a mysql database it should import just fine using phpmyadmin.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

All our shopping carts can handle 1000+ products and are fully customizable.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the fast response.

Can you recommend which shopping cart to use ?

I have been using OS Commerce in the past, its ok put is any of the others in your option better.

Thanks

Alan

Comment

Which shopping cart you prefer is a personal decision. I have used a few and looked at many before deciding on the one I'm using now. I like it for reasons others might dislike it. So - if you've used one before and know what you need it to do for you - make sure it will do those things and do them in a way that makes life easier, not harder, on you.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

If you have used osCommerce and like it, I suggest you
            stick with what you know and like....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I wish messaging was on, so I could ask some very technical questions about OSc customization speicifically, General.....
              Bouncing around the forums, tutorials, it's keeping me up at night too!

For instance, follow this link back to a conversation with Beth to see some of my concerns....
              It took me a while to commit to Voda, and although I'm still not finished with my first site, I enjoy the freedoms here to customize my business, to manage it free from money-hungry do-nothing webmasters, but I am also leery about formatting a large capital ongoing business only later to find out I messed up thinking I could make it happen.....

Anything you can do would help me out! (like your suggestion for Abwer....gonna do it as soon as I can get my sites up at Voda!)

Thanks!
              Last edited by VodaHost; 05-19-2006, 07:59 AM.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                I wish messaging was on, so I could ask some very technical questions about OSc customization speicifically, General.....
                Bouncing around the forums, tutorials, it's keeping me up at night too!

For instance, follow this link back to a conversation with Beth to see some of my concerns....
                It took me a while to commit to Voda, and although I'm still not finished with my first site, I enjoy the freedoms here to customize my business, to manage it free from money-hungry do-nothing webmasters, but I am also leery about formatting a large capital ongoing business only later to find out I messed up thinking I could make it happen.....

Anything you can do would help me out! (like your suggestion for Abwer....gonna do it as soon as I can get my sites up at Voda!)

Thanks!
                If messaging were on (I'm assuming you mean private messaging), too much valuable information would be shared privately. Keep in mind that for every person who asks a question, there are probably ten or so more who silently look for the answer. Answers to questions should be kept as public as possible.
                Last edited by VodaHost; 05-19-2006, 07:59 AM.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I understand...really! So....does this help me in my quest / repaired link to the conversation Beth I I had?

Comment

Vasili, You will make a fine officer one day...Please be more exact with your
                    questions. How may I assist you...Also. please note (I think you already know
                    this) that osCommerce is not our product and you will find much better OSC
                    support on the dedicated OSC forum..All We do is provide server space and
                    make sure that your carts are up and running...

Click the below for a complete list of OSC mods....

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions
                    Last edited by VodaHost; 05-19-2006, 08:04 AM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I understand...really! So....does this help me in my quest / repaired link to the conversation Beth I I had?
                      If you want something you can fully customize, you should do a search on a site like hotscripts.com. You'll likely find many programs and the benefit is that you have access to comments left by people who've used them. Lots of the programs have demo pages set up to allow you to preview what they might look like, and the really good ones include links to live sites using their scripts (and how they've been "customized"). Don't take shortcuts, and don't "settle" for something you're not happy with. There's a world of opportunity out there, you just have to find it.
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thank you, Sir!
                        (I actually served in the 1st-75th Airborne Rangers out of Ft. Stewart, close to General Race...)

What I need, really, is a short definitive answer: is OSC completely customizable (like drawing from scratch in BV), or am I stuck with marginally changable templates?

And (sneaking in 2 questions, here Sir!) does Voda have the capability to either alter or rewrite code so an outside cart will work with the parameters of a BV or Voda site?

Standing AT EASE, General!

Comment

Thank you, Sir!
                          (I actually served in the 1st-75th Airborne Rangers out of Ft. Stewart, close to General Race...)

What I need, really, is a short definitive answer: is OSC completely customizable (like drawing from scratch in BV), or am I stuck with marginally changable templates?

And (sneaking in 2 questions, here Sir!) does Voda have the capability to either alter or rewrite code so an outside cart will work with the parameters of a BV or Voda site?

Standing AT EASE, General!
                          You're (relatively) stuck. And no, BV is a great site builder, but it's not an html / php editor.
                          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks, Race...
                            You both provided me with some links to sources to study, and to envision a solution.

After all the back and forth, in your experience, is what I am asking too far out? Or would I be just as well off sticking in the Voda mold and setting up a "simpler" commercial site/cart? I'm selling diamonds, so the look-and-feel is extremely important for my customers, as well as to distance from the cookie-cutter competition....

Comment

Thanks, Race...
                              You both provided me with some links to sources to study, and to envision a solution.

After all the back and forth, in your experience, is what I am asking too far out? Or would I be just as well off sticking in the Voda mold and setting up a "simpler" commercial site/cart? I'm selling diamonds, so the look-and-feel is extremely important for my customers, as well as to distance from the cookie-cutter competition....
                              Look back to this sentence from one of my previous posts: "Don't take shortcuts, and don't "settle" for something you're not happy with. There's a world of opportunity out there, you just have to find it."

You can take a "simpler" approach, but will that really benefit you? It's better to take some time and find that one perfect program (it's out there) that will make you look back at the end of the day and say, "Damn, that looks GOOD".
                              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X