Templates 'Optimized for BlueVoda'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templates 'Optimized for BlueVoda'

I may have posted this in an inappropriate spot before since I didn't get a response yet....I'll try here where I believe 'pre-sales' quetsions are more appropriate

Hello, just evaluating BlueVoda and seriously considering using to build 1 of our multiple online stores as a test.

I see a set of templates at the bottom of the page http://www.vodahost.com/sets.htm and I'd like to know how to create a complete page (that I obviously will adjust) from one of these "newest template editions" that are "optimized for BlueVoda".

I have downloaded the set to my desktop (the one with the camera on it) and placed in a file I created called 'my templates', but can't figure out how to go from having the file on my desktop (with all the .jpg, header, etc) and get them into a page....??

I have figured out how to make a 'normal template' work and make it a template for my other pages as I create and 'customize' them to my needs once I have a page to start with...it's these more 'fully developed' templates that I can't figure out.

Thanks! (a noob w/potential )

Re: Templates 'Optimized for BlueVoda'

You have a couple of choices. You can add each element in BV using the Image insertion tool. You'll have to add them one at a time, but you'll be able to move them freely. I'd be more inclined to use a photo editing program to place the basic elements onto a page and merge them into a single .jpg, once again using the Image insertion tool in BV to get it on the page there. The second option will probably help with load times as well.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks for the info....can you help me with the phrase 'optimized for BV'? What does this mean if I have to add each element myself?

Flexibility is a great thing but I may need to take a little time getting used to and 'mastering' BV before I can switch or build my next store.

I like the tool so far and am excited to learn and for the possibilities...

Comment

Most website templates are designed for use with html editing software (Front Page, Dreamweaver) and photo editing software, making them incompatible with BlueVoda. "Optimized for BlueVoda" simply means their elements are compatible with BV.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
        X