Username and Password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Username and Password

Can visitors of my site ....register themselves. And then enter the site using ...username and password?

Will i be able to track these registered users through their usernames...example: when did they login and logout ...which page are they currently accessing in my site ...etc

Re: Username and Password

If you mean if it is possible, yes it is, using certain scripts that you can find on the net. If you mean if you can do it directly in BV, without any script involved, the answer is no.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i heard BV provides, password protect...like some pages in the site can be accessed only through username and password. So wont there be a provision to register ? If not, then what username and password are the visitors expected to insert ?

Comment

for what you are talking about you would have to make all the usernames and passwords for your users manually through cpanel.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

What Watdaflip is stating, is that you could follow a two step registration: create a form on your registration page. The visitors register there, and they provide username and password that they would like to use, as well as email, and eventually additional info like tel. number or address. Then you manually setup these username and password in your CP and then mail them a confirmation of the registration, so they know that form that moment on, they can loggin.
          The problem with this solution, is that if you expect many people to become autorised users, you are going to have some manual work to do. On the other hand, it offers a certain protection because you can have some additional verification on possible users before you allow them access to your protected area.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X