forum programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum programs

Is phpbb our only choice for a forum program?

If I were to prefer another bulletin board program, how difficult would that be for a newbie, like me? I have a little knowledge and experience with phpbb, and it's a fine program, If using something else like vbulletin or invision were to be too much of a challenge for me to set up, I'd shy away from them at this point. However, I would prefer the more powerful boards if it's not too difficult.

Any advise you can give me on this topic will be greatly appreciated!
    I've been trying all my life.................

Re: forum programs

Through cpanel you can also install SMF, ive never used it extensivly, but I think its about as complex as phpbb. Forums like vB or IPB should be easy to install, they both have a page that simplifies the installion process, the only knowledge you need is how to make a database through cPanel, and there is a video tutorial here for that. There are many more forums than this... go to hotscripts.com and search for either "forum" or "bulletin board"... most will have some easy installation process included

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: forum programs

vBulletin is the most poweful board on the market, the sell it for US$160,
      ther is no such thing as a "free vBulletin", they have very strict licencing.

phpBB is very good laternative that we offer our members, I suggest that
      you start with phpBB as as your forum grows you can always upgrade it at
      a later time. vBulletin has a very nifty import feature that will assimiliate
      your phpBB database when you are ready.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X