Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SohoLaunch and BV

Hi all,

I am a bit confused here after reading the thread about Soholaunch and BV. The confusion is whether to install BV first or Soholaunch first.

I intend to built two websites with two different domain name, one a ecommerce website using Soho and another just a company website using BV.

So do I download soholaunch and install it first before BV ? and create the ecommerce website and have it published before creating the other one using BV ?

Also, can I create the websites using BV and Soho before registering for an account with Vodahost ? My intention is to complete the websites and register an account with Vodahost to publish them.

Appreciate you kind folks for helping out here. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Re: SohoLaunch and BV

You don't install BV, you download it to your pc and use it to build and publish your pages so no need to worry about conflicts as far as installation goes.

If you plan to host both your sites on the same account, you should install Soho into the primary domain on the account and use BV to publish to the secondary (addon) domain.

You can build your pages with BV before purchasing an account, but Soho is a web based server and requires a hosting account before you can use it.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20

You can build your pages with BV before purchasing an account, but Soho is a web based server and requires a hosting account before you can use it.
      Meant to say web based application, sorry.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Wow, your response is real speedy. Thanks.

Hope you don't mind me clarifying further as I am no techie.

The two websites I am creating are two separate websites with its own domain name and business activities. Whats does it mean as far as the websites are concerned when published in the Main and Subdomain ?

Also, does it mean that I have to purchase then use Soho to create and publish the ecommerce website first before I can proceed to create the other website using BV ?

Or I can proceed to create and finalise a website using BV and publish it after the Soho ecommerce website is published, is this correct ?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne
          Wow, your response is real speedy. Thanks.

Hope you don't mind me clarifying further as I am no techie.

The two websites I am creating are two separate websites with its own domain name and business activities. Whats does it mean as far as the websites are concerned when published in the Main and Subdomain ?

Also, does it mean that I have to purchase then use Soho to create and publish the ecommerce website first before I can proceed to create the other website using BV ?

Or I can proceed to create and finalise a website using BV and publish it after the Soho ecommerce website is published, is this correct ?

Regards
          You can use BV right now to build any type site you want and as many pages as you want. Once you have a hosting account, you can then publish the pages.

Don't confuse subdomains with addon domains - these are two different animals. A subdomain is an offshoot of your primary: subdomain.yoursite.com, while an addon domain is a fully functional, stand alone site: seconddomain.com.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Ok, understand now about addon domain. A big TQ for clarifying that.

So it means I can proceed to do up the BV website first, purchase Vodahost, publish the site and then work on a new ecommerce website using Soho and will be able to publish it upon completion without affecting the first website that I created earlier. Is that correct ?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne
              Ok, understand now about addon domain. A big TQ for clarifying that.

So it means I can proceed to do up the BV website first, purchase Vodahost, publish the site and then work on a new ecommerce website using Soho and will be able to publish it upon completion without affecting the first website that I created earlier. Is that correct ?

Regards
              That is correct. Have fun.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
              X