Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings and - Bluevoda or Soholauncher to start?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings and - Bluevoda or Soholauncher to start?

Hello there!

I just wanted to say, so far, Vodahost seems too good to be true, but the more I read up the more awesome it really is compared to everything else I have seen. The site I want to build will follow the same sort of ethics and care for people that your service offers. So well done!

My site will be magazine style on the front page - with excerpts of site content/links, and will need a forum, a blog page, and eventually a shopping cart, etc. I assume I will need to use Soholauncher - but building the site from scratch, should I start with Soholauncher or Bluevoda? (I am reading tutorials but not sure which to start with)

Thanks in advance!

TS

Re: Greetings and - Bluevoda or Soholauncher to start?

Your best bet is to start by clicking and reading the below link.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi TS,

I'm afraid its down to your own prefernce really, I tried Soho but went back to BV because i liked the freedom of being able to move things were i wanted them to go , i felt Soho a bit restricting when it comes to certain things.. but has some great elements but I'm a BV girl ...love it....best thing to do is have a play around with both of them and you will soon get the feel for one or the other :o)
      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Originally posted by Americankiwi
        Hello there!

I just wanted to say, so far, Vodahost seems too good to be true, but the more I read up the more awesome it really is compared to everything else I have seen. The site I want to build will follow the same sort of ethics and care for people that your service offers. So well done!

My site will be magazine style on the front page - with excerpts of site content/links, and will need a forum, a blog page, and eventually a shopping cart, etc. I assume I will need to use Soholauncher - but building the site from scratch, should I start with Soholauncher or Bluevoda? (I am reading tutorials but not sure which to start with)

Thanks in advance!

TS
        Generally speaking, I think Soho is more useful to outfits that are retail heavy. If your site is more general that retail specific you will probably have more fun building with BV. It's very easy to integrate a shopping cart from many that are available. All six of my sites are retail but have all been built with BV. It is though, as Linda suggests, down to your personal preference. Have fun!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I guess the question I should ask is if both Bluevoda and Soholauncher can enable me to do the same things (forum, blog, shopping cart) - from the intros I got the impression that Bluevoda can do less than Soholauncher can, in terms of databases, etc.

I've done the layout part and read that very helpful link (*****'s post), but as you've both said I will go ahead and just play around with both of them.

Thanks again and Cheers!
          TS

Comment

Ah that answers it, thanks Amanda, and all of you! :)

Comment

thread closed

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X