Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power-user needs

Hi all people,
    I have read lots of satisfied user experience. Very good but most of them were from people that needs tool to build site from scratch.

I have more technical question before deciding to join, in particular:

1) have any experience with the photo gallery software called Gallery2 (gallery.menalto.com), it works with no hassle on your system=

2) Php safe mode is on or off?

3) Can i give separate ftp access to particular folder of different domains (user A can ftp only to site1.com/a and user B can ftp only to site2.com/test/xyz)?

4) I will host about 10 domains that will have an extensive use of php/mysql and totally gets about 5000hits per week, do u think they will go slow? (they have forums, photo gallery that may stress ur CPUs)

5) I may have the need to give a client a control panel to change his POP3 password, is this possible with Cpanel? I mean it's possible to have a separate Cpanel for each of my domain branded with the logo of my clients?

6) May I continue to use my italian registrar and only point the DNS to vodahost for the hosting? (In this case I don't have to use/pay for vodahostdomains.com right?)

7) Which kind of experience of latency do u have from italy?

Thanks for the attention,
    Filippo
    Last edited by VodaHost; 06-08-2006, 10:48 PM.

Re: Power-user needs

1) There shouldn't be a problem
    2) Safe Modes off
    3) Yes, but addon domains are setup different. You main domian is your public_html, all other domains will be created in a directory of the main, but will act on its own.
    4) no
    5) No, there is only a master cPanel for all domains on the main one.
    6) Yes, you can have you domain registered anywhere as long as the DNS is pointed here
    7) Ping the server (open command prompt, type "ping vodahost.com"), the lower the number the faster the connection
    Last edited by VodaHost; 06-10-2006, 08:42 PM.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

4) Actually 5000 hits per week is nothing, especially with the new dual core opteron processors we are now using.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

About the 4) question I used the wrong word, they are not hits but views. The hits are about 200k per month (the sum of the sites I am going to use here). You think this is a big number for ur server?
        And u think that the heavy use of mysql/php (for forum and photogallery) may be a problem?

May someone give me a definitive answer for question 1) ?

Thanks a lot in advance,
        Filippo

Comment

1) Its not a big number we have 100's of customers getting more hits than this.
          2) Never heard of menalto.com

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X