publishing renaming index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing renaming index

If I publish just what I have completed to see if in works can I still change as if it were not published? My index (homepage) page is labbel index in view but is something else on screen at top left. Also cannot get wav file to work.
    Went to Pg prop. selected it from a my doc file. Should the file be taken from somewhere else.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: publishing renaming index

Choco77,

Yes- you can save the page as "testpage" and then publish to see if it will work. Once complete- re-save the page with what ever name you like and then publish. You can then go to the server via FTP Manager and delete the "testpage".

I would have to see an example of the index page problem to make a comment on it. If you like post a url.

Just a thought. In my public_html folder I have another folder I name "test". That wy- when I am experimenting with a new page or form or what ever- I can place it in there and reference it like so;
    http://www.mydomain.com/test/testpage.html

It just keeps things neat and orderly. When its time to delete it- I can delete what ever is in the test folder without worrying about deleting something that belongs to another page.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

how do i rename it, everything ive tried so far did not allow me to.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Pull up the page you wish to re-name in your BV web builder. Click save-as and then type in the name you wish to save it as and then click save. You may have to save it to another folder (I recommend this) as it keeps it neat and orderly. Then publish this new one to the server.

The wav file. You must up-load the wav file to the server and then link to it on the page.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Choco77

Give this a look-
          http://www.netisopen.com/computer/VT/rename.wmv

** make sure to view your media player full screen.
          Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

thanks that should be esy enough. may be back for saving wav to ftp or what ever
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

loading to server ? and linking to page. That got me the other is fixed
              Choco777
              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

try to use ftp mgr. i get 530 Authorization failed sorry ??????????
                Choco777
                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
                X