Adding articles and documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding articles and documents

Is it best (well, I know it depends on which is better of the two) to write your own documents and creating a page to add or better to link to another site with the same info. If linking to a site, aren't you not simply stating, "we don't know but these people do." In a travel site I certainly don't want to drive people to other sites. There is enough competion as it is. Don't know if that is explained well but I think you'll understand
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: Adding articles and documents

Depends on your relationship with the other site and whether they are willing to share their content. You really need permission to post someone else's work on your site so if you don't have that, then a link is the best way to go. (Set the link target to _blank, this will open the other site in a new window, keeping the reader on your site as well.) If you do have permission, then by all means create your own page so that visitors don't leave your site.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

okay. I plan to write most of it anyway. but there are alot of government publication both U.S. and Mexican that are free domai I BELIEVE that govermments do not copyright on anything.

I tried to link my published page www.mayatabasco.com to a form content page(not published because of name untitled1 , i cannot change except in view) but on the web it didn't work. the name is still untitled but on the view >it is entitled contact it just does not change on list of BV pages and one that is the confirmation page can be seen but is not listed. confusing?
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Your links won't work unless the pages are published.

You're right, reposting government articles should be no problem.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
        X