• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• button image problems!!

www.georgehester.com

IP: 74.52.42.242

Hello!

I need some help.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but here's what's up.

I just finally was able to publish my website. I got all the pages I could and they are set up, however I noticed a problem with the button images.

If you notice here:

http://www.georgehester.com/design_main.html

This is my front Design page and the buttons on the top are indicated by Home, Bio, etc. There are three other buttons on the right-center next to a picture that are marked Resume, Drill and Visaudio.

Now, this works fine, but when I load another page where I have buttons in the same place as those, the buttons are not what they are supposed to be.

For example, click the Media button on the top and notice the buttons are now the same as the top two bottons from the previous page. (http://www.georgehester.com/media_main.html)

I have tried to republish those pages to see if it fixes the problem, which it does... but when it fixes the current page, the OTHER pages now show the wrong image for the buttons.

????????

I don't understand what is going wrong and I have opened all the pages in BV, double/triple checked them, saved them and published them. And still there are incorrect images showing up for the buttons and they are all correct on the individual pages I created with BlueVoda.

Any ideas??

And my website is FAR from being complete... so please excuse all the empty spaces. :)

Thanks,

George Hester
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Re: button image problems!!

I am a little confused.. but lets start with the basics.. I see that the two pages: design and media contain side buttons next to the picture.. the design page has 3 buttons, resume, drill design and visaudio, the media page contain only two, resume and drill design. Is this what is supposed to be there..?

Comment

Originally posted by ez-ez
      I am a little confused.. but lets start with the basics.. I see that the two pages: design and media contain side buttons next to the picture.. the design page has 3 buttons, resume, drill design and visaudio, the media page contain only two, resume and drill design. Is this what is supposed to be there..?
      No, that's not what's supposed to be there.

The problem is that each tab at the top (Home, Bio, Media, etc) each have pages with little buttons where you saw Resume, Drill, Visaudio, etc. All of the subpages of Design have the same buttons... etc.

The page where you saw TWO buttons, they are supposed to say Pictures and Video.

On my BlueVoda, I have re-published the Media page now. (I'm doing that right now). So, now that page has been resubmitted and if you go click the Design tab at the top, look at the smaller buttons now when you click them... click Resume and you'll notice the buttons change. They are supposed to stay the same.

All I did when I designed these Design pages was I set one template for Design and saved it 3 times for the 3 different pages: desing_main, design_drill and design_va. I never changed the buttons so there's no reason they should change when they are clicked. They all have the same path and go to the correct page. But the images on the buttons change!

Does any of this make sense?? It doesn't make any sense to me, that's why I'm here asking. :)
      George
      www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hester
        No, that's not what's supposed to be there.

The problem is that each tab at the top (Home, Bio, Media, etc) each have pages with little buttons where you saw Resume, Drill, Visaudio, etc. All of the subpages of Design have the same buttons... etc.

The page where you saw TWO buttons, they are supposed to say Pictures and Video.

On my BlueVoda, I have re-published the Media page now. (I'm doing that right now). So, now that page has been resubmitted and if you go click the Design tab at the top, look at the smaller buttons now when you click them... click Resume and you'll notice the buttons change. They are supposed to stay the same.

All I did when I designed these Design pages was I set one template for Design and saved it 3 times for the 3 different pages: desing_main, design_drill and design_va. I never changed the buttons so there's no reason they should change when they are clicked. They all have the same path and go to the correct page. But the images on the buttons change!

Does any of this make sense?? It doesn't make any sense to me, that's why I'm here asking. :)
        This sounds like you are having a similar problem to one that I experienced a while back. It's caused by a conflict on the page. The only way I could find to work around it was to use i-frames to hold my nav bars which worked brilliantly and helped with the loading times of my pages. Here is a link to some instructions that Navaldesign kindly wrote about the subject.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...r-i-frame.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

It appears that the only problem that you have now it that the buttons change with a mouse-over effect. That is simple to correct. Open the pages that have this effect and click on the navigation bars to open the properties. Now go to the "style" tab. Simply match each button image under Image and Mouse Over.

The site looks really clean and well designed. ***** and crisp are good descriptors. Nice job.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Amanda... I'll give it a try and see if it works.

Andy - thanks for the compliment on my site. You shoulda seen my old site. what a mess! :)

Still, there's so much more to do. I spent a lot of time on stuff that once I figured it out only took me a couple minutes. I just got some new software and sometimes learning how to use it takes me a long time, especially since I work so much these days, my time to spend on here is just hard to manage. (I'm sure you know what I mean).

Thanks again everyone... I'll let you know if it worked.

George Hester
            George
            www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

I think I got it fixed... check it out and let me know if the buttons still have problems!

Thanks for the help mates!
              George
              www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hester
                I think I got it fixed... check it out and let me know if the buttons still have problems!

Thanks for the help mates!
                By George, you've got it! Lol

It works just fine and what a beautiful site! Nice work.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hey George,
                  I think you website is great! It looks very professional and it is fascinating to be in. You wonder what interesting things you are going to see next.
                  Well done.
                  Regards
                  Royden

www.harrow-art.com
                  www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Working...
                  X