uploading files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uploading files

hi i am trying to create somethig like a yahoo briefcase in my website. i have created a subdomain and made the same password protected. the similar option when when offered in yahoo brief case allows me to upload a file on the subdirectory from the website itself. what i am trying to do is....i might be travelling anywhere in the world..and thre would be a few files which i might like to download or upload to this website.. i dont want to open bv pages to uplod the file...is it possible just like yahoo brief case i can upload the file directly through the website itself.
    many thanks
    chandni

Re: uploading files

You mean that you want to upload generic files or html pages? Either way, create a form in your site with an upload field. If the script used is fixed, then you will only be able to upload to the subdirectory that is included in the script. If the script is parametric, then you can upload in any subdirectory that you choose from the form itself.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi navaldesign,
      thanks for ur reply. i have another query pls... what i want to upload to my website is some doc files which i want to access whenever i wish to from the website...so what is required is i need to upload the files from one computer then i should be able to download it again to use it somewhere else...i got the upload button it allows me to upload the files but how do i download them when i need to use them again.

many thanks
      chandni

Comment

You must only link to your files. Even without anything, it will be enough to type in you browser: www.yoursite.com/uploadfolder/filename.doc and the file will be downloaded in your computer. Provided that you know the filename.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X