what do i need and how much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do i need and how much?

I am planning a web site as a record label to sell my CDs.
    I know I need a label homepage and pages for my artist(myself) such as Bio, discography, contact info., ect. I have about 3 to 5 items to sell and need all the things to make sales. online, easy. I have a domain name already and plan to design the site myself or use one you've designed. I probanly
    I just not sure if I should use Bluevoda or soholaunch; If I should use oscommerce or paypal and shopping carts, gateways or whatever. To begin with I need something simple yet adequate to handle increased sales this first year. A site with flexiblity and low cost is what i need. Can you tell me what I ned all toll? Do you have all I need and how much should it all cost? I would like you to host it but I'm not sure what you guys have.
    Advise me please? Rahj.

Re: what do i need and how much?

Yes, you have everything you need.
    Since your site needs an artistic touch, i suggest that you use BV and not Soho. BV is very flexible regarding page layout and templates. Making your pages with BV will be amazingly easy.
    Then you should add a shopping cart to be able to sell your CDs. There are some free that come with your account, but i suggest that you use some other, simpler. Even Paypal has a shopping cart, but we do have some members here that will advise you better when the moment comes. It' quite easy if you only have 5 products: make a presentation page for each one, maybe with a sample music in the background, then simply add a "Add to cart" button in the page. The visitors will be redirected to payment, and then return to your site to complete the order.

Your cost is $96 per year, with a free (for the first year) domain name registration.
    So go for it! You will have all the help you might need!

Click Here to take the royal VodaHost Tour
    Click Here for the VodaHost Help Centre & Tutorials
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: what do i need and how much?

Thank you for your advice I will be pestering you a little later on for advice if that's Ok.
      I plan to be envolved here soon. Rahj

Comment

Working...
      X