• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asigned IP address on Wireless Notebooks

Hello-
    The Goldensenior here-
    www.goldenseniordays.com

We have two PC,s and a laptop connected wirelessly with BV installed on the laptop. Three nights ago while working with Soho on our WP I accidently hit the wirless button on our keyboard and disabled our Wireless LAN. After three days I managed to get our wireless assistant enabled again. On our network connections it indicates limited or no connectivity and the reason is our laptop is not being assigned an IP address. Also Windows repair is unable to finish renewing the IP address.

If anyone can help me with fixing this problem or indicate where help may be available it would be much appreciated. Thank you-

Edmond Corson
    goldencorson******.com

Re: Asigned IP address on Wireless Notebooks

Give this a try.

First- there should be a reset on the wireless router. A very small pin hole usually on the back. Stick a paper clip in it and the lights will go off on the router. Hold for 15-20 sec. Then release and let the router re-set and then try to re-connect.

If that fails:
    Unplug wireless router at cable entry and by electric cord.

Go to Control Panel>Network Connections>Right click on your active internet connection and click properties.

Scroll down to Internet Protocol TCP/IP and uncheck it. Click ok to warning window. Exit out.

Plug in router and cable feed. Now go back to the TCP/IP section and - it it isn't already checked- put a check in it and then click ok.

Exit out and see if that has solved the problem.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hello Andy-
      Thank you very much for the help. That paper clip thingy worked like a charm and I am finally up and running again. The best solution to any problem, I am finding out here in BV, is if you don,t know ask.
      Someone is always willing to help you and thank you again--

Edmond Corson
      The goldensenior

Comment

You are very welcome. Yes - BV is a wonderful resource and has often helped me a great deal too.

Cheers,

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
        X