This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• availability charts

hi guys im buliding a property rental site ..does anybody have any simple ideas of how to make an availability chart

kind regards
    paul

p.s id just like to give a huge thumbs up to the site especially the forum..it has to be 1 of the best on the web ..if not THE best i wish you all the est for the future you deserve it

Re: availability charts

Sorry, not experienced in property rental field. What excactly is an availability chart?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

its a holiday rental site...so i need a chart of each month for each property to show what dates are available

regards

paul

Comment

It depends on the type of presentation you want to have on your site, as well as on the updating method. If you want to do it manually, it is quite simple, but if you want to do it in the correct way, you should have a database, where all of the properties would be included, then this database would be updated according to the bookings you have, then you would need a script that would create a calendar map for every property, look in the database, and color the rectangle corresponding to each date accordingly (f.e. red for booked days, green for available days). Not only, but if you want to make it automated, you should have a frontend script, that interested visitors can use to book directly on your site, then proceed to a payment (at least a minimun fee for booking) and then, after payment, the database should be automatically updated with the booked dates.

Not a simple - as you required - way to do it.

Of course, you can do it manually, but this will only give you visual information, and it will have to be updated (by the webmaster) immediately after a booking has been made (or cancelled)
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hotscripts.com has a few things that might be useful here. Just run a search for real estate or rental property.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Racefan is absolutely correct, there are scripts that cost from $60 to $300. This could be your solution
            Last edited by navaldesign; 06-22-2006, 11:29 AM.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
              ce is absolutely correct, there are scripts that cost from $60 to $300. This could be your solution
              Damn, I used to be racefan, then race and now I'm ce. Pretty soon, I'll be just a .
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
                Damn, I used to be racefan, then race and now I'm ce. Pretty soon, I'll be just a .
                Hey ., stop whinging. LOL

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Served! LOL My fingers (or my keyboard) don't work as they should!
                  Navaldesign

Comment

thanks for the info guys

regards

paul

Comment

thread closed

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                      X